Win this Lego Moonlighting Blue Moon staff minifigure set!

The results are in!

Being both the first and last to submit a bio ("Selma Goldstein" made it in with just three minutes to spare!), Marlena had the better odds going into the drawing, which took place just a few minutes ago...

Marlena - 9 tickets - 56%
Judy - 7 tickets - 44%

And... in this particular contest... the odds accurately foretold the outcome.

Congratulations on winning the Lego Moonlighting mini-figure set, Marlena! Santa and his reindeer will have it delivered free of charge as promised just in time for Christmas (if not sooner)!

As for Judy... I would like to thank you sincerely for all of your wonderful bios, which not only add so much to the Moonlighting Expanded Universe, but also turned this whole Lego Moonlighting project into a legitimate contest. Having last written of David and Maddie way back in 1987 (as far as I know), your sudden return to the arena was amazing to behold, and I truly hope you continue to produce and share more of your really wonderful work. I honestly wish I had another of these sets to hand out. You truly deserve it.

But for now... I am going to hold onto my second set as an eventual heirloom to whomever of my children demonstrates the strongest, longest-term love and devotion for Moonlighting (they are too young for the show right now, so that is a contest for another time).

In conclusion... THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to both Marlena and Judy for making these last few days a really fun time for me, and for enriching the world of Moonlighting with your visions. Please keep those bios and stories coming, regardless of the Lego factor/non-factor. You represent the future of David, Maddie, and all of their friends and acquaintances, and I am 100% confident that the EU is in good hands.

With warmest regards,
Ryan

Last edited:
The results are in!

Being both the first and last to submit a bio ("Selma Goldstein" made it in with just three minutes to spare!), Marlena had the better odds going into the drawing, which took place just a few minutes ago...

Marlena - 9 tickets - 56%
Judy - 7 tickets - 44%

And... in this particular contest... the odds accurately foretold the outcome.

Congratulations on winning the Lego Moonlighting mini-figure set, Marlena! Santa and his reindeer will have it delivered free of charge as promised just in time for Christmas (if not sooner)!

As for Judy... I would like to thank you sincerely for all of your wonderful bios, which not only add so much to the Moonlighting Expanded Universe, but also turned this whole Lego Moonlighting project into a legitimate contest. Having last written of David and Maddie way back in 1987 (as far as I know), your sudden return to the arena was amazing to behold, and I truly hope you continue to produce and share more of your really wonderful work. I honestly wish I had another of these sets to hand out. You truly deserve it.

But for now... I am going to hold onto my second set as an eventual heirloom to whomever of my children demonstrates the strongest, longest-term love and devotion for Moonlighting (they are too young for the show right now, so that is a contest for another time).

So, in conclusion... THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to both Marlena and Judy for making these last few days a really fun time for me, and for enriching the world of Moonlighting with your visions. Please keep those bios and stories coming, regardless of the Lego factor/non-factor. You represent the future of David, Maddie, and all of their friends and acquaintances, and I am 100% confident that the EU is in good hands.

With warmest regards,
Ryan
Thanks for doing this Ryan! I'll be honest and say I am a bit disappointed, but I'll get over it. And Congrats to Marlena! Her stories are always so wonderful and I'm sure she worked really hard and she deserved this prize. :)
It was a fun contest and I enjoyed writing again after all these years. Yes, I hadn't written a full Moonlighting story since 1987 (I started one recently but didn't get very far). I'm also proud of my youngest daughter for participating too. She's still working on her original story that she started for this contest and she hopes to finish it one day soon. And my other daughter had started a story too (which you knew about Ryan, sorry to leave you in suspense), but she got overwhelmed, especially when she suddenly found out she had to finish by November 30. It was my fault for thinking that we had until December 31, not November 30. (not sure why I thought that) So that put us so far behind.
Anyway, Ryan, thanks for putting this site together and this contest! It's so much fun to visit here every day and see all the new things you have for us.

By the way, can you tell us where you got these legos? If not, it's ok. I just wish I could buy them somewhere!

Thanks for doing this Ryan! I'll be honest and say I am a bit disappointed, but I'll get over it. And Congrats to Marlena! Her stories are always so wonderful and I'm sure she worked really hard and she deserved this prize. :)
It was a fun contest and I enjoyed writing again after all these years. Yes, I hadn't written a full Moonlighting story since 1987 (I started one recently but didn't get very far). I'm also proud of my youngest daughter for participating too. She's still working on her original story that she started for this contest and she hopes to finish it one day soon. And my other daughter had started a story too (which you knew about Ryan, sorry to leave you in suspense), but she got overwhelmed, especially when she suddenly found out she had to finish by November 30. It was my fault for thinking that we had until December 31, not November 30. (not sure why I thought that) So that put us so far behind.
Anyway, Ryan, thanks for putting this site together and this contest! It's so much fun to visit here every day and see all the new things you have for us.

By the way, can you tell us where you got these legos? If not, it's ok. I just wish I could buy them somewhere!
Judy, Please let your daughters know how much we all love what they have brought to Moonlighting, too. I really wish I had more of these sets... Who knows? Maybe someday...

I ordered each Lego individually from various sellers on eBay and other Lego-oriented websites for some of the less common pieces. It was pricey, time-consuming, and a bit painstaking, but it was worth it. The toughest part was finding and working with existing pieces to do the characters justice. I hope the photo of the set on this website can serve as a guide and make life much easier for anyone else who would like to build such a set.

P.S. Without any deadline or pressure, I hope you will pick up your recently-started story and finish it. I would love to read it.

Yay! I'm so happy! 😁

Thank you for being a strong competitor, Judy. You wrote some great bios, and I hope you continue to write. And I love that your daughters are interested in writing about Moonlighting.

Seeing Judy's bios sure did push me to write a lot in the last couple of days! But I'm so glad that I did. It was fun thinking about those characters that we've never thought about before. In the bios that I wrote, it was my goal to get to the heart of the character and write about the effect they had on Maddie's or David's life.

Funny story about the "Selma" bio. I wrote that one last night while my husband was watching TV. I finished it around midnight (EST), and then I went upstairs to get into bed. I was planning to re-read it before posting, just to check for errors or see if I wanted to change anything. But first I figured I would look at my emails. I FELL FAST ASLEEP! When I woke up, I still had my glasses on and my phone in my hand. I was so upset because I thought I had missed the cutoff time, but I didn't! It was 2:55 (EST)! I had 5 minutes!!!! Let me tell you... the panic was real!!!! It was all I could do to post that story... my hands were shaking!

Thank you, Ryan, for setting up this contest! It was so much fun! And I am thrilled about the Lego set!

Judy, Please let your daughters know how much we all love what they have brought to Moonlighting, too. I really wish I had more of these sets... Who knows? Maybe someday...

I ordered each Lego individually from various sellers on eBay and other Lego-oriented websites for some of the less common pieces. It was pricey, time-consuming, and a bit painstaking, but it was worth it. The toughest part was finding and working with existing pieces to do the characters justice. I hope the photo of the set on this website can serve as a guide and make life much easier for anyone else who would like to build such a set.

P.S. Without any deadline or pressure, I hope you will pick up your recently-started story and finish it. I would love to read it.
So the legos you found were just generic ones that worked well for the characters you were creating? I'll have to try that. I'd be happy with just Maddie and David and maybe Herbert and Agnes. Oh and my daughter likes McGuillicuddy too. :) It might be fun piecing it together. And maybe one day Lego will come out with official Moonlighting figures, but I won't hold my breath.

Just wanted to say a big congratulations to the winner and other participent for giving this awesome giveaway a go. Im sure you guys worked really hard on the bios.

I myself did intend to enter the competition, however I fell pregnant in June, and was really unwell for most of the pregnancy. I felt like I was in survival mode for a very long time, and just couldnt get my head around anything. I am now 7 months along, and have felt better the past few weeks thankfully. But with Christmas orginisation, it was just to late for me to put a solid effort into it.

But so happy Marlena gets to enjoy this really cool lego set. Definitely something to cherish. And what a wonderful Xmas gift.

Well done Marlena and Judy. And thank you so much Ryan for doing this and giving us all a chance to have something so awesome.

Just wanted to say a big congratulations to the winner and other participent for giving this awesome giveaway a go. Im sure you guys worked really hard on the bios.

I myself did intend to enter the competition, however I fell pregnant in June, and was really unwell for most of the pregnancy. I felt like I was in survival mode for a very long time, and just couldnt get my head around anything. I am now 7 months along, and have felt better the past few weeks thankfully. But with Christmas orginisation, it was just to late for me to put a solid effort into it.

But so happy Marlena gets to enjoy this really cool lego set. Definitely something to cherish. And what a wonderful Xmas gift.

Well done Marlena and Judy. And thank you so much Ryan for doing this and giving us all a chance to have something so awesome.
I wish you a safe pregnancy and delivery, UnderMoonlight! I'm glad you are feeling better and able to participate with us more. I'm looking forward to more of your insights.

Thank you and Congratulations on your pregnancy! Is this your first?
I'm sure you could still write some stories if you find the time. :)

But so happy Marlena gets to enjoy this really cool lego set. Definately something to cherish. And what a wonderful Xmas gift.

Thanks, UnderMoonlight!

Congratulations on the pregnancy! Glad to know you're feeling better.

But so happy Marlena gets to enjoy this really cool lego set. Definately something to cherish. And what a wonderful Xmas gift.

UnderMoonlight, Congratulations on your pregnancy! I will be praying that you continue to feel better from here on out, that you and yours have the healthiest and happiest of holidays, and that you can bask in all of the joys that the blessing of a new baby will bring into your life in the new year and beyond.

I am humbled and honored that you took the time to chime in on our Lego contest during these busy times, and I thank you sincerely for all of your kind words.

With warmest regards,
Ryan

P.S. Though I know you will be busy with new baby and all, I can't help but also share in the excitement with others about the idea of your participating in the fanfiction fun (as time allows, of course)! :)

UnderMoonlight, Congratulations on your pregnancy! I will be praying that you continue to feel better from here on out, that you and yours have the healthiest and happiest of holidays, and that you can bask in all of the joys that the blessing of a new baby will bring into your life in the new year and beyond.

I am humbled and honored that you took the time to chime in on our Lego contest during these busy times, and I thank you sincerely for all of your kind words.

With warmest regards,
Ryan

P.S. Though I know you will be busy with new baby and all, I can't help but also share in the excitement with others about the idea of your participating in the fanfiction fun (as time allows, of course)! :)
That is very kind of you to say Ryan, thank you so much. I appreciate you saying so. And yes lets hope I still have some free time! :D

Back