Where did David go for the weekend?

Marlena

Where did David go for the weekend?
Exactly, where did David go? He says he's going to drive for two days in a straight line. Could he have been planning to go see Maddie in Chicago? Who knows, but I looked it up, and you can drive from LA to Chicago in about 1 day and 5 hours. If he left LA early enough on Friday, he could have surprised Maddie late in the afternoon on Saturday. They could have spent a few quality hours together making up and making out. He would've had to leave Chicago no later than 11pm on Saturday, which puts him back in LA around 4am Monday. He gets a few hours sleep, wakes up, gets ready for work, and is in the office before Agnes arrives.

MoonlightingMagic

Exactly, where did David go? He says he's going to drive for two days in a straight line. Could he have been planning to go see Maddie in Chicago? Who knows, but I looked it up, and you can drive from LA to Chicago in about 1 day and 5 hours. If he left LA early enough on Friday, he could have surprised Maddie late in the afternoon on Saturday. They could have spent a few quality hours together making up and making out. He would've had to leave Chicago no later than 11pm on Saturday, which puts him back in LA around 4am Monday. He gets a few hours sleep, wakes up, gets ready for work, and is in the office before Agnes arrives.
But didn't he say he wanted to get away to think? I rarely watched that episode so I don't remember much but I didn't get the idea he was going after Maddie.

Marlena

Oh, I know...yeah I think he just needed a break from everything. My real guess is that he didn't go far. He looked pretty well-rested when he was in his office on Monday morning.

What I wrote above there... that was just my wishful thinking. ;)

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
It would make a good story!
To follow up on "Dial M for Maddie", I have begun work on two new stories, which I have posted as "Works in Progress" on the Home page. They are both set during "Los Dos DiPestos" and answer MoonlightingMagic's question about where David went that weekend. One leads directly into the other, and their titles and summaries are as follows:

David's Drive
Fri-Sun, June 17-19, 1988. When David receives prompt and in-person payment for the Leland case, he is able and inspired to hit the road and pay back Mr. Hayes in a similar manner. He spends the long drive to Chicago contemplating his past, present, and future... with Maddie and beyond.

A Chip Off the Old Rock
Sun, June 19, 1988. The day after his meeting with David in Chicago, Maddie's father decides it is time to share some serious, personal thoughts with Maddie, including his increasingly favorable opinion of her Blue Moon partner.

Please note: I won't be cranking these out in two days like I did with "Dial M..." I might be able to do that for "A Chip Off the Old Rock", but "David's Drive" is going to take some time. I ambitiously envision that one as a sort of companion to Dana's wonderful story, "Maddie's Diary." It will cover David's thoughts during his 30-hour drive (he will take a rental car to Chicago and fly back to L.A.), as "Maddie's Diary" covered her thoughts during her 4.5 months in Chicago. This will dig pretty deep and require me to do a fair amount of "homework." Plus, I'll still be working on the website as I go.

Anyway, I just wanted to give an update to the wonderful people here who have encouraged me to keep writing. Thank you! Your support means more than I can say.

Marlena

To follow up on "Dial M for Maddie", I have begun work on two new stories, which I have posted as "Works in Progress" on the Home page. They are both set during "Los Dos DiPestos" and answer MoonlightingMagic's question about where David went that weekend. One leads directly into the other, and their titles and summaries are as follows:

David's Drive
Fri-Sun, June 17-19, 1988. When David receives prompt and in-person payment for the Leland case, he is able and inspired to hit the road and pay back Mr. Hayes in a similar manner. He spends the long drive to Chicago contemplating his past, present, and future... with Maddie and beyond.

A Chip Off the Old Rock
Sun, June 19, 1988. The day after his meeting with David in Chicago, Maddie's father decides it is time to share some serious, personal thoughts with Maddie, including his increasingly favorable opinion of her Blue Moon partner.

Please note: I won't be cranking these out in two days like I did with "Dial M..." I might be able to do that for "A Chip Off the Old Rock", but "David's Drive" is going to take some time. I ambitiously envision that one as a sort of companion to Dana's wonderful story, "Maddie's Diary." It will cover David's thoughts during his 30-hour drive (he will take a rental car to Chicago and fly back to L.A.), as "Maddie's Diary" covered her thoughts during her 4.5 months in Chicago. This will dig pretty deep and require me to do a fair amount of "homework." Plus, I'll still be working on the website as I go.

Anyway, I just wanted to give an update to the wonderful people here who have encouraged me to keep writing. Thank you! Your support means more than I can say.
I am very excited to read these stories, Boink! You've got some great ideas here! Anytime David is in the presence of Alexander Hayes, I am all for it. I love flustered David. In FKL, when Alex walks into David's office, David's nervousness is palpable, and I love it!

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
I am very excited to read these stories, Boink! You've got some great ideas here! Anytime David is in the presence of Alexander Hayes, I am all for it. I love flustered David. In FKL, when Alex walks into David's office, David's nervousness is palpable, and I love it!
Bruce Willis deserved an emmy for that entire episode. From the way he says "What?" when Agnes tells him Mr. Hayes is there... through to the very end, his performance is absolute perfection.

Marlena

Bruce Willis deserved an emmy for that entire episode. From the way he says "What?" when Agnes tells him Mr. Hayes is there... through to the very end, his performance is absolute perfection.
I Agree! 100%!

MoonlightingMagic

David's Drive

A Chip Off the Old Rock

Unbelievable that Alex never mentioned to Maddie what David told him! It would have changed everything.