When Agnes Met MacGillicuddy

Ryan K. Michaels

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone who writes a MacGilicuddy bio based on my Available Concept "MacTHRILLicuddy" will become an instant hero to me. I envision him as a guy who pulls his mundane daily driver into one side of his two-car garage when he gets home from work, only to emerge from the other side in his 1969 Mustang Boss 429 or jacked up off-road monster truck with songs like Mötley Crüe's "Kickstart My Heart" cranked up to 10. He is a total adrenaline junkie who surfs, skydives, races motorcycles, free climbs, etc. and started at Blue Moon in 1986 (a full year before Bert, according to the EU timeline) after having a torrid romance with Agnes that summer, wherein they both decided she couldn't keep up with his extreme lifestyle and they were better off as friends. In other words, MacGilicuddy is that quiet guy we all know at work who is nothing of the sort outside the office. This aligns with his spontaneous marriage and no doubt contributes to his heart condition in LE. (NOTE: MacGilicuddy lives on in Virtual Moonlighting, where the events of LE never took place.)
No pressure, though. :)

View attachment 1759

UPDATE: Seems like a bit of info Agnes shared in "The Son Also Rises" could be describing the perfect time and place for Agnes to have met MacGilicuddy. Whether they met in L.A. and he took her to Tibet, or they actually met on that mountain, it fits perfectly with both the timeline and the "MacTHRILLicuddy" concept...

When-Agnes-Met-MacGilicuddy.jpg

UPDATE: Seems like a bit of info Agnes shared in "The Son Also Rises" could be describing the perfect time and place for Agnes to have met MacGilicuddy. Whether they met in L.A. and he took her to Tibet, or they actually met on that mountain, it fits perfectly with both the timeline and the "MacTHRILLicuddy" concept...

View attachment 1782
I never thought that she actually was ever with him. If they had gone to Tibet together wouldn't they have been closer? And she wouldn't have been crazed over Bert. JMO

I never thought that she actually was ever with him. If they had gone to Tibet together wouldn't they have been closer? And she wouldn't have been crazed over Bert. JMO
The Original Series never stated that Agnes and MacGilicuddy were ever romantically involved, but it also never said that they weren't. This is just a background story "Available Concept" I've thrown out there for fun, in which they had a torrid romance before agreeing they are better off as friends. Agnes would tell Maddie about it during an added scene in "The Man Who Cried Wife." The summary is as follows:

MacTHRILLicuddy
Available Concept
(3.2.1) Mon, September 29, 1986. Disgusted with Bower's confession of murder in TMWCW, Maddie leaves David behind and storms angrily back to the office, where everyone has left for the day except Agnes. The two share their thoughts on MacGilicuddy's spontaneous marriage, and Agnes reveals that she herself had been swept by his extraordinary passion for life into a whirlwind romance the previous summer.

I wrote more about it in the quote at the top of this thread.

Back