The speech about the good-bye grope

Quest

Maddie's speech to Sam and hopping into bed thinking she was doing so with him “stuck in my craw” to quote the astronaut.

How could she after kissing David and telling him she hated him?

I felt that was a betrayal. Then she throws D out and slaps him.

Luckily, he caught her hand on third attempt and tv history was made.

I must mention, too, that I saw no chemistry whatsoever between CS and MH, which proves it’s not all about looks.

FanofMoonlighting

Quest, that always bothered me too. I guess it was just a way to get her naked and in bed with David while keeping it all a surprise for the viewers. Of course I was still so happy they finally got together.

Quest

Not necessary. We still could have had the rest of scene go as it did. David would have happily removed her clothes.
Why, too, wasn’t she wearing a bra? Maddie would not go to work without wearing one.

FanofMoonlighting

Not necessary. We still could have had the rest of scene go as it did. David would have happily removed her clothes.
Why, too, wasn’t she wearing a bra? Maddie would not go to work without wearing one.
Although if you watch the commentary on "Every Daughter's Father..." Cybill says she wasn't wearng a bra in one scene. So maybe its not so strange for Maddie to be bra-less. :LOL:

MoonlightingMagic

I hated that entire good-bye grope scene! Eww - I love him too??? And David didn't even seem to care that she thought she was with Sam??

UnderMoonlight

It is a confusing scene.
After she has said her speech which is clear she is speaking to Sam, she gets in the bed, and David goes to hold her as if he had been asleep and hadnt heard her. But we all know he did because when she walks in, he moves and she tells him to stop and just listen.

He then says things as if he hasnt heard her. But then goes on to reply about Sam so its clear that he had heard her. I dont understand why they wrote it that way. No wonder Maddie was mad about it. They wrote it as if David didnt care that much about how confused she was over the fact that she loved Sam and David. He was just smug that she finally admitted that she cared for him.

MoonlightingMagic

It is a confusing scene.
After she has said her speech which is clear she is speaking to Sam, she gets in the bed, and David goes to hold her as if he had been asleep and hadnt heard her. But we all know he did because when she walks in, he moves and she tells him to stop and just listen.

He then says things as if he hasnt heard her. But then goes on to reply about Sam so its clear that he had heard her. I dont understand why they wrote it that way. No wonder Maddie was mad about it. They wrote it as if David didnt care that much about how confused she was over the fact that she loved Sam and David. He was just smug that she finally admitted that she cared for him.
YES