The seismic shift from season 4 to season 5

That’s very cool about the name!

I don't remember anything the doctor told me at that time, but I must've been told I could try again right away. But it is always interesting to me to think that she wouldn't exist had the other baby made it. Things work out the way they do for a reason, I guess.

Gillian was named after Gillian Anderson. Did I happen to mention I'm also a huge X-Files fan?
Yeah that’s cool about the name.

Exactly, Gillian is the baby you’re supposed to have! Crazy!

I’ve always been dumbfounded at how this storyline was allowed to play out. It was a horrific, traumatic, and very cruel way to “take care” of the baby plot line. I can’t believe that this was the agreed upon consensus of the writers, producers, etc…..
As a viewer, they should have had the baby, miscarried waaayyy earlier on, or I even would have accepted a “dream” scenario where she never was pregnant…. better than the mess that they came up with. I hate when people blame the demise of the show with the characters coupling………the demise lays squarely on the awful writing and plot direction!
I get really annoyed every time the Moonlighting curse is being mentioned. IT WAS NOT THE COUPLING! We hardly saw them as a couple! The very next morning they slept together, Maddie was already having doubts. Who wants to see David being rejected over and over again for almost two seasons and then it was the turn for the other one to get hurt? How can journalists keep blaming on the coupling is beyond me. If anything, it was the uncoupling that hurt the show.

I don't remember anything the doctor told me at that time, but I must've been told I could try again right away. But it is always interesting to me to think that she wouldn't exist had the other baby made it. Things work out the way they do for a reason, I guess.

Gillian was named after Gillian Anderson. Did I happen to mention I'm also a huge X-Files fan?
One of my cats was named Scully after the character 😛.

Last edited:
Back