The hospital cafeteria, following hours, etc.

Marlena

I would've loved to have seen them go to a little hospital cafe... late at night. David tells Maddie to go sit down while he goes to get a sandwich. They each take a half, but he lets her have the pickle 'cause she's pregnant.

But then what? Seems odd they would feel the need to sleep in Terri's hospital room. David probably drives her home. And then what? Oh the possibilities. But I guess, most likely, he would've just dropped her off. Would've been great to hear the conversation in the car, though.

FanofMoonlighting

I would've loved to have seen them go to a little hospital cafe... late at night. David tells Maddie to go sit down while he goes to get a sandwich. They each take a half, but he lets her have the pickle 'cause she's pregnant.

But then what? Seems odd they would feel the need to sleep in Terri's hospital room. David probably drives her home. And then what? Oh the possibilities. But I guess, most likely, he would've just dropped her off. Would've been great to hear the conversation in the car, though.
It would have been great to see all that. I'm sure he would have just dropped her off at home after getting some food. But it still would have been nice to see what they would have said to each other. Maybe someone could write a story about that? Or is there one?

MoonlightingMagic

Probably found the cafeteria was closed and just left the hospital. From what I surmise from the beginning of Flesh -David just dropped Maddie at home (if he drove her at all!)and they did not speak again until the morning at the office!

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
Probably found the cafeteria was closed and just left the hospital. From what I surmise from the beginning of Flesh -David just dropped Maddie at home (if he drove her at all!)and they did not speak again until the morning at the office!
At the beginning of ATFWMW, David tells Maddie, "I had a terrible nightmare this weekend. I dreamt that you and me went to a wedding, got into a great big, knock down, drag out, made up, made out, and said all kinds of incredibly wonderful things to each other. Must have been too many chili dogs."

While the "made up, made out" portion of that comment MIGHT have referred to their kiss at the moment of Terri's baby's birth, I can't help but feel that something more happened after their walk to the cafeteria (perhaps involving the aforementioned chili dogs). Maddie certainly opened up to David on-screen, and he was considerate enough to take her to the cafeteria, but any claim that we witnessed him say "all kinds of incredibly wonderful things" would be quite an overstatement.

I like to believe that they did spend more time together that night, and that some making out really did happen. But then, after each of them went to their respective homes and David had more time to think everything over again, the bitterness he shows towards Maddie at the beginning of ATFWMW resurfaced. His "terrible nightmare" opening statement certainly suggests, at least to me, that he had been kicking himself for so easily falling back under her spell.

essed

I also want to hear David’s incredibly wonderful things, it had to be more than just the pregnancy nutrition facts lol. He likely ruminated about what he said all weekend and started feeling insecure. He was going to avoid her - maybe let her come to him, but the Wobblies forced him to her office. So his defenses come up and he tells them not to get their (his) hopes up “she probably married the limo driver on the way back from the hospital” (guess he didn’t drive her home?) and then he says the terrible nightmare bit to Maddie. He expects her to flip flop and regret what she said or that she and Walter decided against “really going through with it, huh?”

Marlena

If the hospital cafeteria was closed, they probably stopped at a diner, where David ordered "too many chili dogs". After hearing Maddie say that she loved him, David probably did get swept away, maybe even telling her that he still loved her. But yeah, on that Monday morning in the light of day, David may have regretted some of the "incredibly wonderful" things he said that weekend.

UnderMoonlight

At the beginning of ATFWMW, David tells Maddie, "I had a terrible nightmare this weekend. I dreamt that you and me went to a wedding, got into a great big, knock down, drag out, made up, made out, and said all kinds of incredibly wonderful things to each other. Must have been too many chili dogs."

While the "made up, made out" portion of that comment MIGHT have referred to their kiss at the moment of Terri's baby's birth, I can't help but feel that something more happened after their walk to the cafeteria (perhaps involving the aforementioned chili dogs). Maddie certainly opened up to David on-screen, and he was considerate enough to take her to the cafeteria, but any claim that we witnessed him say "all kinds of incredibly wonderful things" would be quite an overstatement.

I like to believe that they did spend more time together that night, and that some making out really did happen. But then, after each of them went to their respective homes and David had more time to think everything over again, the bitterness he shows towards Maddie at the beginning of ATFWMW resurfaced. His "terrible nightmare" opening statement certainly suggests, at least to me, that he had been kicking himself for so easily falling back under her spell.
I fully agree with this!