The Heartbreak Kid

FanofMoonlighting

I found this movie with Cybill on youtube! I watched it tonight and thought it was pretty good, except for the ending. Has anyone else seen it?

Marlena

I LOVE The Heartbreak Kid. My absolute favorite Cybill movie. I find it to be very funny, not in a laugh-out-loud kind of way, but in its subtle humor. Take for example, the scene when Lenny Cantrow meets up with Kelly (CS) and her parents for dinner, and Kelly's father is giving Lenny a hard time about his wanting to date her. I just love the way Cybill plays this scene. The expressions on her face when she watches the conversation between her father and Lenny are perfect.

Other things I love about this movie...
1) It just looks and sounds so 1970's
2) That catchy theme song
3) The Carpenters' "Close To You"
4) Audra Lindley plays Cybill's mother.... you may remember her from The Roper's, and she was also a guest star on "Cybill"
5) "There's no deceit in the cauliflower"

From me, this movie gets 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and 2 👍👍!

Last edited:

FanofMoonlighting

I liked it too. I thought Cybill did a good job with this character. At first I didn't like her, but by the end I almost felt sorry for her. The ending didn't really say what would happen with the characters, but it didn't look good for them.
I also loved that Audra Lindley played her mother in this and in the Cybill show. I used to watch Three's Company all the time, even before Moonlighting. So I like how there is a connection between the two shows. :)
That scene you mention with her father and Lenny was great! Sometimes she looked like she was going to laugh. :) And she kept eating through it all. She really looked beautiful in this movie too!

Marlena

this was her break out movie and when she started her affair with the director who just died today. Peter Bogdanovic
No, that was The Last Picture Show. I'm sure Cybill will be very upset that he passed away. I think she's always cared very much for him. It showed in the pictures of the two of them together at events throughout the years.