Terri vs. the competition

Sandra

David and Maddie's relationship is one of the most contemplated ones in my head. That's why I've thought long and hard about all the 'extra's' coming into play, like Sam, Terri and so on. When it comes to relationships that work, I think that Terri and David would have surely had a chance. She was kind, down to earth and could have easily countered David's personality and thus providing him with some kind of stability. I think this is the kind of relationship that you come across the most throughout life; the kind that ensures safety and a stable future. We rarely end up with the ones that fuel the flames profusely. That being said, I don't want him with Terri. Ha!

Sam was Maddie's Terri in a way. They both came from the same side of the tracks, had loads in common, and would have probably ended up together if this was the real world. Thank God it isn't ;)

As I've mentioned before, keeping David and Maddie apart was perhaps somewhat brilliant in terms of leaving us hanging and keeping us forever invested in this show... kind of like with David and Maddie.... with a chemistry and passion like that, they would linger in each other's world forever. They would always find a way to make excuses for barging into each other's lives. As much as they couldn't be with each other, they could never be without each other either. I'm aware of what Moonlighting means, but maybe we could add our own definition to it: coming into a life that was never meant to be yours, but unwilling to remove yourself from it anyway (kind of like GGC said in the podcast interview). At least, this is what it means to me. Maddie and David will always revolve around each other like magnets. The pull will always be there...

Quest

I would not have expected passion between David and Terri since she was in last two months of pregnancy. Who knows if desire would bloom after baby born.

Still think end game should have been David and Maddie, but could see David and Terri getting together.

FanofMoonlighting

David and Maddie's relationship is one of the most contemplated ones in my head. That's why I've thought long and hard about all the 'extra's' coming into play, like Sam, Terri and so on. When it comes to relationships that work, I think that Terri and David would have surely had a chance. She was kind, down to earth and could have easily countered David's personality and thus providing him with some kind of stability. I think this is the kind of relationship that you come across the most throughout life; the kind that ensures safety and a stable future. We rarely end up with the ones that fuel the flames profusely. That being said, I don't want him with Terri. Ha!

Sam was Maddie's Terri in a way. They both came from the same side of the tracks, had loads in common, and would have probably ended up together if this was the real world. Thank God it isn't ;)

As I've mentioned before, keeping David and Maddie apart was perhaps somewhat brilliant in terms of leaving us hanging and keeping us forever invested in this show... kind of like with David and Maddie.... with a chemistry and passion like that, they would linger in each other's world forever. They would always find a way to make excuses for barging into each other's lives. As much as they couldn't be with each other, they could never be without each other either. I'm aware of what Moonlighting means, but maybe we could add our own definition to it: coming into a life that was never meant to be yours, but unwilling to remove yourself from it anyway (kind of like GGC said in the podcast interview). At least, this is what it means to me. Maddie and David will always revolve around each other like magnets. The pull will always be there...
Sandra, I said a similar thing a few posts back. Maddie/Sam and David/Terri were similar and probably what most real life relationships are like. But when watching a fictional show it's more fun to see something different and not what you see in everyday life. David and Maddie would probably not work out long term in real life, but they are more interesting and exciting to watch on tv.

It would have been nice for them to end up together on the show, but I do enjoy the fan stories that have been made up over the years and the different possibilities for their future. So I guess it worked out in the end, and since we can't change the end of the show we just have to enjoy all the fan stories. I'm so glad I found the fanfiction!