"Sounds like trash to me..."

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
...and then she watched, didn't she? (Of course, I'm sure she only did so to monitor her son's viewing habits.)
Sounds-like-trash-to-me-1.jpg

So, what was the problem? Too trashy? Not trashy enough?
Sounds-like-trash-to-me-2.jpg

Please note that I have complete respect for this woman as a person and in no way wish to pass judgement or degrade her. I just think it's funny how she "trashed" Moonlighting and then planted herself on the couch and stayed tuned in right through the very last credit.

Quest

Did anyone else find it odd that the boy’s mom asked him if Moonlighting was the show where the two leads fight all the time but really want to sleep together (paraphrasing)? The boy says it is. He looked pretty young for that conversation in my book.

MoonlightingMagic

Did anyone else find it odd that the boy’s mom asked him if Moonlighting was the show where the two leads fight all the time but really want to sleep together (paraphrasing)? The boy says it is. He looked pretty young for that conversation in my book.
About 12 or so? Not too young lol

northernlight

I always thought this woman was incredibly mean. Gratuitous cruelty. Irma Grese standard! I mean, who would deny anyone the pleasure of watching Moonlighting? Homework or Moonlighting? Moonlighting, without question! Am I a bad influence?

northernlight

He was probably on the cusp of understanding. I used to watch stuff in the 70's, like Rock Follies for example, but all the seedy elements (and there were a lot of seedy elements in Rock Follies) went completely over my head at the time. The boy would have got the surface on Moonlighting, but not a lot of the substance. Hell, that crack that David made as he emerged from Maddy's chimney dressed as Santa went right over my head at the time. And I was twenty!