Script vs. Screen

Marlena

I was just looking through the script for this episode and there's additional dialog between Maddie and the doctor that was not shown on-screen. When they were in the car after he found that she was pregnant, he tells her that he thinks she's about 6 weeks along, but that he'll know more when he gets her bloodwork back the next day.

If she really was about 6 weeks along, and if the date really was March 25th, then why did she think it was Sam's baby? Maybe the bloodwork suggested 7 weeks, but still seems in all likelihood that it would be David's baby.

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
The March 25th date is 100% confirmed by the combination of screenshots from ATTTM and TITC. A "6 weeks pregnant" estimate at this time would rule out Sam by 2-3 weeks. My guess is that someone behind the scenes realized this, and the scripted dialogue you mention was never shown for that reason. Maddie's office announcement in TOTM that she was "a little under 5 months" pregnant after having been in Chicago for "4 1/2 months" should have been similarly discarded or adjusted. Based on either of these two "estimates", there is simply no way that she, David, or any doctor worth his salt would believe that Sam was the father.

The EU timeline has Baby Hayes conceived on the night of the "big bang", to lend as much credibility as possible to the unlikely idea of Sam being the prime paternal suspect.

UnderMoonlight

I was just looking through the script for this episode and there's additional dialog between Maddie and the doctor that was not shown on-screen. When they were in the car after he found that she was pregnant, he tells her that he thinks she's about 6 weeks along, but that he'll know more when he gets her bloodwork back the next day.

If she really was about 6 weeks along, and if the date really was March 25th, then why did she think it was Sam's baby? Maybe the bloodwork suggested 7 weeks, but still seems in all likelihood that it would be David's baby.
Thats such a great point to make!