Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 3-Fine. Fine. Good. Good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-One for the So-So Corral

• 1-Not So Great

• Total voters
I don't hate Sam either. I don't think of him as a bad guy. I agree, he really did care for Maddie and I thought he wasn't too bad towards David either beside confronting David in his apartment. That was an arrogant move but otherwise I thought he was reasonable.
I don't hate Sam either. The whole point of the Sam arc was that he was not only handsome and successful (and he apparently also had his shit together), he was also a pretty nice guy. He did two nasty things to David (not telling Maddie that he had come calling at night - however David had told him not to - and going to his apartment.) I'm not sure that David wouldn't have done the same thing.
Anyway that's why Maddie struggled a little and was so confused. Especially since David didn't say a word 😥

The scene of IACM is a bit like some adolescent boy's fantasy of winning the prom queen instead of the rich, handsome and smart jock.

Marlena, I also like all of your attention to detail, and how you take little things from the show and incorporate them into this story. For instance, I just made the connection to Maddie going food shopping in Blonde on Blonde, but not bringing home the groceries, with the part of your story where Sam looks in her fridge for something to cook and there isn't much to work with. He ended up having to shop for her. That was pretty clever!

Marlena, I also like all of your attention to detail, and how you take little things from the show and incorporate them into this story. For instance, I just made the connection to Maddie going food shopping in Blonde on Blonde, but not bringing home the groceries, with the part of your story where Sam looks in her fridge for something to cook and there isn't much to work with. He ended up having to shop for her. That was pretty clever!
Hi Judy, I'm laughing hysterically over here because as much as I'd like to be that clever, I never actually thought of that scene when I wrote about Sam going food shopping. My thought process was more along the lines of that Sam really liked to cook (lamb), and that Maddie probably doesn't have much in the way of groceries in her house. Plus, it gave Sam something to do while she was at work.

But, yeah, I did spend a lot of time watching and rewatching those episodes... even to the point of slomo-ing the fight scene in the garage so I could write about exactly where each punch landed.

Back