Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-Fine. Fine. Good. Good.

• 2-One for the So-So Corral

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 1-Not So Great

• Total voters
I’m emotional over this one! Such an incredibly sweet look into their thoughts in the moment. And yet, so heartbreaking to think of David getting that bubble of happiness burst due to Maddie’s fears. Beautiful job, Marlena!

It really is so poignant and bittersweet, Marlena, to read this and know what's coming.
It's beautifully written, Marlena, I love how you structured it. In just such a short piece you took us through their emotions.

Thank you, BlueMoon and Nala. Both of you are always so supportive. I went out on a limb with this one. Well, really it sort of wrote itself. I never intended to write anything like a poem. I don't even know how to write poems... correctly, anyway. But I did the best I could. I'm so happy you enjoyed it. 😊

This is really good Marlena! Something I love about fanfiction is that the writer can tell us what the characters are actually thinking and feeling. I have thought it would be fun to write/read stories that take place during actual episodes, but the story is just the thoughts and feelings of the character. We all know that sometimes David and Maddie weren't open and honest about how they were feeling, so it would be interesting to see how a writer would portray their thoughts and feelings in a story, just like you did with this one. :) Maybe you could find another episode/scene that you could try this with? I'd love to read more!

This is really good Marlena! Something I love about fanfiction is that the writer can tell us what the characters are actually thinking and feeling. I have thought it would be fun to write/read stories that take place during actual episodes, but the story is just the thoughts and feelings of the character. We all know that sometimes David and Maddie weren't open and honest about how they were feeling, so it would be interesting to see how a writer would portray their thoughts and feelings in a story, just like you did with this one. :) Maybe you could find another episode/scene that you could try this with? I'd love to read more!
Hi Judy, thanks for your thoughtful comments. :) I would love for you to give writing fanfic a try. I mean, I know you did some bios for the Wobblypedia, but I'm talking about a full-length story. I have a feeling you have lots of ideas swirling around that would make great stories. I mean, look at how creative you are with your dolls and with your holiday creations. Maybe you could try writing a Valentine's Day story!

I don't know if you ever read my (very) short story A Safe Place For The Night. It takes place during the pilot episode and it tells Maddie's thoughts about David while she's spending the night on the couch in his office. Let me know what you think of that one.

Also, I'm always up for a challenge. If there's a scene in particular that you'd like me to take a deep dive into, let me know. Thanks!!

Hi Judy, thanks for your thoughtful comments. :) I would love for you to give writing fanfic a try. I mean, I know you did some bios for the Wobblypedia, but I'm talking about a full-length story. I have a feeling you have lots of ideas swirling around that would make great stories. I mean, look at how creative you are with your dolls and with your holiday creations. Maybe you could try writing a Valentine's Day story!

I don't know if you ever read my (very) short story A Safe Place For The Night. It takes place during the pilot episode and it tells Maddie's thoughts about David while she's spending the night on the couch in his office. Let me know what you think of that one.

Also, I'm always up for a challenge. If there's a scene in particular that you'd like me to take a deep dive into, let me know. Thanks!!
I have certainly thought about writing my own, I even started one last year. But I am not very good at the dialogue and banter between David and Maddie. And most of my ideas take place after Season 5 and trying to figure out what might have happened to David and Maddie and how to bring them back together. I don't know if fans are as interested in those stories. I'm going to keep trying though! And thank you for your kind words about my holiday creations. I guess I do better visually, with pictures and videos and maybe short scenes, than with whole stories.
I did read your story A Safe Place for the Night, it was also very good! I'll try to think of another scene and let you know if I come up with something.

Most of my ideas take place after Season 5 and trying to figure out what might have happened to David and Maddie and how to bring them back together. I don't know if fans are as interested in those stories.
Yes, we are! Have you thought about collaborating with another writer, or (if you are willing) even just sending me some of your ideas, so I could list them as Available Concepts? I have thoroughly enjoyed watching some of my own "Available Concepts" become wonderful stories by others.

Don't get me wrong. I would love for you to take your ideas as far as you can on your own, but whatever it takes to bring them to fruition... the more the merrier.

A fan of FanofMoonlighting,
Ryan

P.S. On a related note, is there any chance you can scan "The Truth" to PDF and send it to me, so I can post it properly? :)

Yes, we are! Have you thought about collaborating with another writer, or (if you are willing) even just sending me some of your ideas, so I could list them as Available Concepts? I have thoroughly enjoyed watching some of my own "Available Concepts" become wonderful stories by others.

Don't get me wrong. I would love for you to take your ideas as far as you can on your own, but whatever it takes to bring them to fruition... the more the merrier.

A fan of FanofMoonlighting,
Ryan

P.S. On a related note, is there any chance you can scan "The Truth" to PDF and send it to me, so I can post it properly? :)
Thanks for the encouragement! If I write something that I feel is worth sharing and then get up the nerve to share it, you'll be the first to know!
In the meantime, I might throw some ideas out there and see if anyone wants to write stories about them.
I can scan The Truth, but it might be a few days until I have the chance.

Back