Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-Fine. Fine. Good. Good.

• 2-One for the So-So Corral

• 1-Not So Great

• Total voters
First off, that IS a great title, Ryan :)

As for the story, spot on as always, Marlena! David relating to the sting of infidelity (great tie-in), the pedestal he would have reserved for Maddie’s father, the momentary conflict of if he would hurt Maddie more by telling her the truth…this feels like an absolutely right view into how David spent his time. Of course his feelings for Maddie are lingering in the background here too. You consistently write them with this very subtle sweetness that hits a perfect note!

First off, that IS a great title, Ryan :)

As for the story, spot on as always, Marlena! David relating to the sting of infidelity (great tie-in), the pedestal he would have reserved for Maddie’s father, the momentary conflict of if he would hurt Maddie more by telling her the truth…this feels like an absolutely right view into how David spent his time. Of course his feelings for Maddie are lingering in the background here too. You consistently write them with this very subtle sweetness that hits a perfect note!
Thank you, BlueMoon!

I actually had been trying for an entire week to come up with a title. I had it down to two contenders when Ryan edited my story and gave me his idea for a title. I tossed my two, and went with his. It was just perfect and, literally, what the story is... it's a message after a bottle.

What a lovely story, Marlena. I think you captured David's hidden morality – which burst to the surface at odd times during the series – beautifully. I love EDFIAV because I think it was one of Cybill's best episodes, Your story is a wonderful "screen cap" of the emotions of that episode. Brava.

Thank you for your kind words, notjuanjones, both here and over on fanfiction.net. I greatly appreciate the feedback.

Ryan, I think this story is the last time I mention the Benny character prior to the time of your work-in-progress. He and Angie are married at this point, and Benny is still very reluctant to talk about the fact that his wife just recently had a miscarriage. When David gets ready to leave the hotel bar, he clearly doesn't like the fact that Benny decides to stay and drink alone.

I wanted to get back to you about the Benny character, but also bring this story back into the Latest Posts section, hoping to get more people to read it.

Back