• 3-Good. Good. Fine. Fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-One for the So-So Corral

• 1-Not So Great

• Total voters

MoonlightingMagic

I thought Maddie had ordered the milk for her baby - and then realized it was supposed to be Terri? Maddie is really undeniably, certifiably, categorically - got the documents up on the wall -NUTS! Poor David! What does she want from him???

Sandra

Slowly, but surely, you're making me see why David turned out the way he did at the end of season 5. This makes perfect sense. And Maddie... Oh gosh, Maddie.... I can't even blame her. She's nuts, yeah. But your story is a great insight into why she is acting that way.

MoonlightingMagic

Slowly, but surely, you're making me see why David turned out the way he did at the end of season 5. This makes perfect sense. And Maddie... Oh gosh, Maddie.... I can't even blame her. She's nuts, yeah. But your story is a great insight into why she is acting that way.
why can't you blame her? He is trying.

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
why can't you blame her? He is trying.
I can't blame her...
  • for her mindset at this particular time that she just can't face another pregnancy,
  • for recognizing that David's world is becoming more family-oriented, with Terri's baby on the scene and Benny's on the way, or
  • for pushing David away not for reasons selfish or unknown, but because she doesn't want him to miss out on having a family of his own, even if he is willing to do so for her.
"Lovin' on Empty" delves wonderfully into Maddie's motives and therefore makes her a lot less "nuts" through most of season 5 than the Original Series ever did. That I now view her asking David, "Are you seeing anyone?" in TMWFE as a selfless, loving, encouraging gesture, rather than a moment of inexplicable insanity, speaks volumes to me about what a "wonderful job" Marlena is doing with these stories.

FanofMoonlighting

I just finished reading this and love it! In my mind I figured Maddie's attitude toward David and their "relationship" must have had something to do with her dealing with the loss of the baby. I think only a few months had passed between the beginning of Season 5 and the end. That is really not enough time for her to properly grieve and try to move on. For some people it might be, but maybe not for her. I think she was still unsure of what she wanted from David even before she lost the baby, and then after she was even more confused about what to do. Her not wanting him to give up on the family he so obviously wanted makes her selfless and goes along with her not wanting to change him in Season 4 by tying him down to her and the baby. Although, I do think she really should have given him the choice to make instead of making it for him. Sometimes people want to be with someone so much that they will sacrifice things to get that person. She thinks he wants a wife and baby more than he wants her, but maybe she's wrong?
But I really appreciate these stories that try to explain things that were missing from the show. I can't wait to read more!

Davidsmaddie

This is awesome! I love how you used the therapist to see her deep POV. I wish they had some that more in 5th season for the audience so we could have more of a clue of her crazy motivationss. Keep going! I’m hooked!!

Nala

I love how you write this, Marlena. It does give us an insight into Maddie's head and what she was thinking. She really does have this way of making all the decisions herself, no discussion with David.

Marlena

I love how you write this, Marlena. It does give us an insight into Maddie's head and what she was thinking. She really does have this way of making all the decisions herself, no discussion with David.
Hi Nala, thank you for your kind words. I'm curious if you've been reading these Season 5 background stories in chronological order, or if you're going back and reading the earlier ones now. I always wonder if they make sense if they are read out of order. Probably not.

I think when I'm all done, I should come up with one name for the series, and then have the individual stories be chapters.

Nala

I've read them all recently but I remember enough of them to get the gist.
Do please put them in a kind of book with chapters, it would be nice to read them all together.