Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-Fine. Fine. Good. Good.

• 2-One for the So-So Corral

• 1-Not So Great

• Total voters
Ryan, thanks for making this. For the first time, I realised that David was walking out not only on Maddie, but also the agency which they had both been building up together. Leaving Maddie as a possible romantic partner was one thing - there wasn't anything solid between them yet - but leaving the agency knowing that Maddie needed him?
Fans kind of hate on Maddie for her decisions, but we forget David's betrayal here. As one of the producers said, David Addison always came up shining.
This episode came before Atlas belched. And even though Maddie sold the agency, she first made sure that all the employees would be taken care of. David didn't show that kind of loyalty to her here. 😐

Ryan, thanks for making this. For the first time, I realised that David was walking out not only on Maddie, but also the agency which they had both been building up together. Leaving Maddie as a possible romantic partner was one thing - there wasn't anything solid between them yet - but leaving the agency knowing that Maddie needed him?
Fans kind of hate on Maddie for her decisions, but we forget David's betrayal here. As one of the producers said, David Addison always came up shining.
This episode came before Atlas belched. And even though Maddie sold the agency, she first made sure that all the employees would be taken care of. David didn't show that kind of loyalty to her here. 😐
Good point about him leaving the agency too. And then he gets mad at her for selling the agency. I was a David fan when I was young and first watching the show, but now that I'm older I can see Maddie's side of things much more. I can understand why she had doubts about David.

I have introduced two Available Concepts that create a unifying undercurrent beneath the seemingly disconnected episodes of this period, and I think they offer much clarity (even just in summary) about how "Atlas Belched" came to be.

Gilted
(ML.2.6.2) Mon-Tues, November 18-19, 1985. Shocked by how callously David had abandoned her (and Blue Moon, in particular), Maddie quietly ponders the agency's fragility and how she might put it on more stable financial ground.

Looky Lou
(ML.2.8.1) Fri, December 6, 1985. When Blue Moon makes international headlines by recovering the stolen painting, The Duchess, Lou LaSalle begins to consider purchasing the agency.

Back