• 2-One for the So-So Corral

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-Not So Great

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
I am really pleased with "Judge, Jury and Disillusioner." It not only succeeds wonderfully in tying Marlena's ongoing season 5 backstory to yet another Original Series episode, but it actually anchors that episode ("In 'N Outlaws") to its much more logical placement in the EU timeline.

David and Maddie's scene in "In 'N Outlaws" was always moderately fun, but it also felt like a typically hollow season 5 attempt to recreate a seasons 1-3 vibe. "Judge, Jury and Disillusioner" adds an underlying layer of depth to the segment (which fights tooth-and-nail to keep things shallow), and I will always have this in mind when viewing it going forward. I LOVE it when the EU can be felt while watching the OS, particularly where it serves to elevate the seemingly insignificant into something more meaningful.

On a similar note, I also found David and Maddie's separate but common story-closing memory of a new added scene bridging "A Womb with a View" (again with added depth) to "Since I Lost My Maddie" to be particularly effective and moving.

Another great job, Marlena!

Sandra

The way you create a background for the toxic behavior that was season 5 is wonderful! I am so dreading reading the bit on WGC, as I know that I'm going to be crushed all over again. Seriously, Maddie and David are like a first love that you never really get over. They are still able to hurt me to this day. You play on these feelings brilliantly.

FanofMoonlighting

The way you create a background for the toxic behavior that was season 5 is wonderful! I am so dreading reading the bit on WGC, as I know that I'm going to be crushed all over again. Seriously, Maddie and David are like a first love that you never really get over. They are still able to hurt me to this day. You play on these feelings brilliantly.
I feel the same way. It's amazing how much I feel their love and hurt. Either it was great acting or they really did feel something for each other or maybe both!

Marlena

Thank you to everyone who read my story. I greatly appreciate all your feedback! I've got another one coming real soon, and like Sandra mentioned, this next one is going to set the stage for what happens in When Girls Collide. I'll let you all know once I post it... just doing a little editing.

MoonlightingMagic

Thank you to everyone who read my story. I greatly appreciate all your feedback! I've got another one coming real soon, and like Sandra mentioned, this next one is going to set the stage for what happens in When Girls Collide. I'll let you all know once I post it... just doing a little editing.
Not sure I want to see this lol

Davidsmaddie

I’m sorry I’m behind on reading but this was great. I’m a huge fan of angst so any story that brings that out I’m so invested!! Also, I love chapter sans installments! Keep them coming!!!

Marlena

I’m sorry I’m behind on reading but this was great. I’m a huge fan of angst so any story that brings that out I’m so invested!! Also, I love chapter sans installments! Keep them coming!!!
Hey, no need to apologize, I'm just glad you're reading my stories and getting caught up. So happy you appreciate the angst!

I'm currently writing the backstory to WGC. I had such writer's block on this one, as you can probably imagine. But it's starting to come around. Will post as soon as it's done.

Thanks for your interest!