Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-Fine. Fine. Good. Good.

• 2-One for the So-So Corral

• 1-Not So Great

• Total voters
Oh, this is beautiful, Marlena. It's giving us David back, and Maddie as well. I like how you worked Benny into the scene. I can't wait for the next installment!

Oh, this is beautiful, Marlena. It's giving us David back, and Maddie as well. I like how you worked Benny into the scene. I can't wait for the next installment!
I created Benny originally to just be one of David's friends from his bowling league. That was back in the very first story I wrote, called "Reacquainted".

It was Ryan's idea to do more with the Benny character, and I am so glad that I did. I think being able to envision David interacting with a male friend that he's known for years adds so much depth to his character. I just picture them as these two sometimes overly confident guys out at the bar meeting women, but underneath the bravado, they both have these big hearts. They're just out to have fun, and they wouldn't hurt a soul. They are totally there for each other through thick and thin. And I think Maddie was fascinated by this friendship. That's why I wrote the line that "Benny was painting a picture of David that she had never seen".

The other thing I would say about Benny is that his life has changed in the last few years because he got married and had a kid. I wrote it that way to explain why David may be thinking more about wanting a family of his own.

OH NO why is Bert crying?????? I am getting happy about Maddie and David trying to work things out so please don't hurt Bert or Agnes!
Sue asking, "Why is Bert crying?" got me wondering... how many of you who read my story know why Bert is crying?

If you've never watched Lunar Eclipse, or if you haven't watched it in a long time, then you may not get what's about to happen, and why Bert is crying.

Marlena, this has me so hopeful that we're going to get an alternative ending to season 5 from you. I love all the revelations in it. I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment :)

Marlena, this has me so hopeful that we're going to get an alternative ending to season 5 from you. I love all the revelations in it. I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment :)
So far, Marlena has succeeded in giving season 5 the heart of seasons 1-4 not by altering anything seen onscreen, but by expanding it. I personally hope she maintains that course to/through the end. It would be an AMAZING accomplishment to overcome - not merely erase - what we were given and give the Original Series a superior send-off. I believe Marlena is capable of that, but be it expanded, alternate, or both, I have no doubt she will deliver something wonderful.

So far, Marlena has succeeded in giving season 5 the heart of seasons 1-4 not by altering anything seen onscreen, but by expanding it. I personally hope she maintains that course to/through the end. It would be an AMAZING accomplishment to overcome - not merely erase - what we were given and give the Original Series a superior send-off. I believe Marlena is capable of that, but be it expanded, alternate, or both, I have no doubt she will deliver something wonderful.
Of course, I didn't mean for any erasements to happen. By alternative ending, I merely mean leaving the OS with a lighter feel than what the show presented us with. Fans have been angry for decades over Maddie and David never having resolved anything. They never came to terms over some pretty big issues. I feel like that's something she's working towards, if I look back on what she presented us with so far. Or course, whichever course she takes is up to her. I merely felt inclined to specify what I mean with "alternative". I don't expect a complete altercation of the show ;)

Sue asking, "Why is Bert crying?" got me wondering... how many of you who read my story know why Bert is crying?

If you've never watched Lunar Eclipse, or if you haven't watched it in a long time, then you may not get what's about to happen, and why Bert is crying.
I think I blocked that episode out of my mind.....

I have watched lunar eclipse maybe twice in my entire life and I never wanna watch it again. Thank you for writing this Marlena this is amazing!

Also I liked the Benny character! I think it is interesting in the series that Maddie and David don’t have other friends but then sometimes I think that the writers did that by design. Like Maddie and David were in their own little world and they defined the rules of engagement. It’s cool to see the perspective of the other people though.

I have watched lunar eclipse maybe twice in my entire life and I never wanna watch it again. Thank you for writing this Marlena this is amazing!

Also I liked the Benny character! I think it is interesting in the series that Maddie and David don’t have other friends but then sometimes I think that the writers did that by design. Like Maddie and David were in their own little world and they defined the rules of engagement. It’s cool to see the perspective of the other people though.
Thank you for your kind words!

BTW, do you prefer to be called Dana or Danielle? I never know which name to write when I'm writing back to you... 🤷‍♀️

They did allude to David going bowling so he did have friends in season 5

Back