Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-Fine. Fine. Good. Good.

• 2-One for the So-So Corral

• 1-Not So Great

• Total voters
This is an interesting insight into the time Maddie spent with Walter. He was a nice guy, but his marrying Maddie was just the most ridiculous plot twist on the show.

Good job on this one, Nala! I enjoyed it.

This is an interesting insight into the time Maddie spent with Walter. He was a nice guy, but his marrying Maddie was just the most ridiculous plot twist on the show.

Good job on this one, Nala! I enjoyed it.
Thank you, Marlena! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Very nice, Nala! Maddie’s reflection on her feelings for David is so on target. Love your explanation of what she meant by “you and me”. The flashback scene was sweet too :-) Thank you for sharing!

Very nice, Nala! Maddie’s reflection on her feelings for David is so on target. Love your explanation of what she meant by “you and me”. The flashback scene was sweet too :-) Thank you for sharing!
Thank you Blue Moon for reading and for your kind review! I love those little words 'you and me' ... They really do something for me.

This was an interesting way to handle the Walter/Maddie marriage. I really like the way you write these stories. :)
Thank you Judy! I'm aware that the Walter arc is no one's favourite storyline...🙃 but I did think that it would be interesting to explore this a little, and especially David's reaction in what I consider to be a more realistic way.
I had some qualms about writing Maddie's reaction to seeing David and Walter side by side, and her inevitable comparison of them both. I've been listening to Esther Perel and she describes the erotic as that feeling of being alive and vital, and I guess that is the essential essence of David Addison - he's so alive that everyone else looks faded.

Wow I wish there was more! I wanted to know what happened after… Love the conversation between David and Terri. I love how he’s really trying to figure out the baby paternity in his head. I wish there was more of that on the show. Like really questioning the paternity and not just a plot point the writers threw in there. Great job please keep going with this.

Wow I wish there was more! I wanted to know what happened after… Love the conversation between David and Terri. I love how he’s really trying to figure out the baby paternity in his head. I wish there was more of that on the show. Like really questioning the paternity and not just a plot point the writers threw in there. Great job please keep going with this.
Thank you so much, Dana! I'm really glad you're enjoying my stories.
Actually I didn't know how to take it forward after the annulment. David is bitter, and I didn't think they'd fall into each other 's arms straightaway.
The paternity question is important and I think David is the kind of man who would want to be involved. There's enough doubt to have a plausible cause for a paternity test, and I wanted David to push for that, even if it meant things getting ugly with Maddie. The issue is too important to brush under the carpet.
There was an article I read recently about Moonlighting, and the author, while he clearly loves the show and David Addison, described David as not being much of a fighter. After writing my own stories, I tend to agree with this point of view. David didn't fight enough for Maddie and for himself when it really mattered 😞

Wow that’s an interesting perspective about David not being a fighter. But you’re right. If you think about it, Maddie is the fighter but in the situation she kind of took a knee also.

I don’t think there’s ever been a fan fiction story where they delve deeply into the paternity and being a pain point. Like David really taking issue with it and really wanting to know and really questioning her like “how do you know these things. Tell me exactly how this went down with the doctor.” I can see Maddie being super upset and dejected about what the doctor told me her. And maybe she wants David to prove the doctor wrong too. Something like that.

David seemed really fixated about being a father when she wasn’t around but when she came back, it wasn’t really mentioned by either one of them at all. I don’t know. I think there’s a Fanfiction Sorry there and I hope you write it!!!

Wow that’s an interesting perspective about David not being a fighter. But you’re right. If you think about it, Maddie is the fighter but in the situation she kind of took a knee also.

I don’t think there’s ever been a fan fiction story where they delve deeply into the paternity and being a plan point. Like David really taking issue with it and really wanting to know and really questioning her like “how do you know these things. Tell me exactly how this went down with the doctor.” I can see Maddie being super upset and dejected about what the doctor told me her. And maybe she wants David to prove the doctor wrong too. Something like that.

David seemed really fixated about being a father when she wasn’t around but when she came back, it wasn’t really mentioned by either one of them at all. I don’t know. I think there’s a Fanfiction Sorry there and I hope you write it!!!
Maddie never really saw how seriously David was taking her pregnancy. I wish the show had Maddie showing more integrity about her relationship with David and insisting on a second opinion about the possible paternity. As usual she never discussed things with her close family. Weirdly enough she opened up to Walter but that was probably because she thought she would never see her again.
Going deeper into the paternity issue is a possible fanfic, but if I were to write it it probably won't be light-hearted.

I honestly don’t think it should be lighthearted. I am a big fan of angst. But, I think the viewers saw a lot of his pain and maybe Maddie‘s dad In “Father Knows Last” but Maddie really never saw anything of what David was going through. I think that’s the fanfic. Where David does “fight” for Maddie to understand his pain and wanting to get some serious straight answers about paternity and everything else. The clean slate speech is one thing, but it was more of a complaint than a fight. A fight is words and action and I don’t think we’ve ever seen that in a story (or in screen).

I honestly don’t think it should be lighthearted. I am a big fan of angst. But, I think the viewers saw a lot of his pain and maybe Maddie‘s dad In “Father Knows Last” but Maddie really never saw anything of what David was going through. I think that’s the fanfic. Where David does “fight” for Maddie to understand his pain and wanting to get some serious straight answers about paternity and everything else. The clean slate speech is one thing, but it was more of a complaint than a fight. A fight is words and action and I don’t think we’ve ever seen that in a story (or in screen).
This is a great challenge, Dana! I just might take you up on this!

Yes please write it!! It’s never been done and I think it’s a big gapping hole in the story that needs to be told. Angry David is hot as hell,too.

I don’t think there’s ever been a fan fiction story where they delve deeply into the paternity... Like David really taking issue with it and really wanting to know...
Where David does “fight” for Maddie to understand his pain and wanting to get some serious straight answers about paternity and everything else.
Marlena's excellent "Since I Lost My Maddie" covers the topic of David insisting upon a paternity test, getting the results, and confronting Maddie about it.

This is a great challenge, Dana! I just might take you up on this!
I have mentioned Marlena's story only to highly recommend it. In no way do I wish to discourage Nala, or anyone else, from also writing about the subjects mentioned by Danielle above.

Marlena's excellent "Since I Lost My Maddie" covers the topic of David insisting upon a paternity test, getting the results, and confronting Maddie about it.

I have mentioned Marlena's story only to highly recommend it. In no way do I wish to discourage Nala, or anyone else, from also writing about the subjects mentioned by Danielle above.
Marlena 's story is wonderful, and I love how she handled the paternity issue. You really captured the ache and the emptiness that they both must have felt.
If I do write about it I'll probably place it sometime during the pregnancy. And I think David will still be feeling bitter...

Marlena 's story is wonderful, and I love how she handled the paternity issue. You really captured the ache and the emptiness that they both must have felt.
If I do write about it I'll probably place it sometime during the pregnancy. And I think David will still be feeling bitter...
Thank you for what you wrote about my story, Nala!

And, if you do decide to write about this topic, I'll be first in line to read it!

Speaking of the paternity issue, I always wondered if they ever found out that David was the father. He seemed so hurt after the loss of the baby, as though he knew it was his own. So a story about him finding out the truth either during the pregnancy or right after the loss of the baby would be very interesting and fill in a missing part of the show.

Back