• 3-Good. Good. Fine. Fine.

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 2-One for the So-So Corral

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-Not So Great

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Marlena

Okay, I agree for the most part. I never really liked this episode at all. BUT, if you take away all the Camille stuff, and give me the following two scenes, then I'm happy...

1) The nighttime scene where Maddie asks David to walk her down to the parking garage because she thinks he's mad at her. So sweet.

2) The classic ending scene when they break the 4th wall. There is so much chemistry going on between Maddie and David when they are saying their goodbyes for the summer hiatus. I feel like they want to kiss, or say something meaningful to each other.

Camille is worth watching just for these scenes, IMO.

Last edited:

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
My guess is that the writers came up with the classic ending first and then just decided it really didn't matter what led up to it.

FanofMoonlighting

Okay, I agree for the most part. I never really liked this episode at all. BUT, if you take away all the Camille stuff, and give me the following two scenes, then I'm happy...

1) The nighttime scene where Maddie asks David to walk her down to the parking garage because she thinks he's mad at her. So sweet.

2) The classic ending scene when they break the 4th wall. Their is so much chemistry going on between Maddie and David when they are saying their goodbyes for the summer hiatus. I feel like they want to kiss, or say something meaningful to each other.

Camille is worth watching just for these scenes, IMO.
I agree with this! I thought the chase was kind of funny. I definitely thought they needed to kiss or at least hug at the end. They hugged everyone else, why not each other.

I know I'm in the distinct minority on this one. Camille is one of my favorite ML episodes, for many reasons. First, Whoopi Goldberg – who, at the time, was among the hottest stars in Hollywood, desperately wanted and asked to be on the show, a tribute to its reach. Second, the plot, silly as it was, provided an illuminating moment: it was, this time, Maddie whose instincts about the client/partner proved correct, rather than David's. It's not that that had never happened before, but it wasn't often. Third, as FOM notes above, the ending was so ridiculous and silly-and classic ML. It was just quintessential. You could almost hear the producers/writers saying 'this is so stupid; do not in any way take this show seriously.' And, again-at the time, seeing Maddie and David leave in separate cars, while sad, portended so much to come in the future. I was so excited for the next season, and what would happen between the two of them. In that sense, Camille was an outstanding season finale.

But, of course, I could be wrong.

Last edited: