• 3-Good. Good. Fine. Fine.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 2-One for the So-So Corral

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-Not So Great

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FanofMoonlighting

I know a lot of people don't like this episode very much. It should deal with the death of the baby more and shorten the silly bird scenes (although I admit I laughed a little, especially since it got me thinking about the bloopers from that scene) and hot air balloon ride at the end. But I don't hate it, mainly because of the hug in the elevator and the way David holds Maddie's hand while they are talking to the husband. It just needed to have them talk more about how they are feeling and it would have been really good.

MoonlightingMagic

I know a lot of people don't like this episode very much. It should deal with the death of the baby more and shorten the silly bird scenes (although I admit I laughed a little, especially since it got me thinking about the bloopers from that scene) and hot air balloon ride at the end. But I don't hate it, mainly because of the hug in the elevator and the way David holds Maddie's hand while they are talking to the husband. It just needed to have them talk more about how they are feeling and it would have been really good.
I always found it hilarious that they were holding hands while speaking to a client - suspect - whatever lol

MoonlightingMagic

They could have done so much with this episode! One thing I don't understand is why they never explained why David was so cold and aloof? Did Maddie push him away in some way? She seemed like she needed him and he wasn't there! And the idea that he was contemplating leaving for good was so sad!

FanofMoonlighting

They could have done so much with this episode! One thing I don't understand is why they never explained why David was so cold and aloof? Did Maddie push him away in some way? She seemed like she needed him and he wasn't there! And the idea that he was contemplating leaving for good was so sad!
I just rewatched this episode today and I noticed that when she started crying in the elevator he immediately went to her and hugged her really tight. It was almost as though he was waiting for her to show her emotions to him and finally break down so he could comfort her. He didn't even hesitate or think about it before grabbing her and hugging her. Maybe she did push him away over those 2 weeks and he didn't know how to get her to talk to him or open up to him? Either he wanted to leave because it was too painful for him to see her pushing him away and throwing herself into her work instead of dealing with things, or he was hoping that by saying he was leaving she would try to stop him and talk to him?
I think they both had different ways of dealing with the tragedy and didn't know how to help each other.

UnderMoonlight

I know they should have gone about this episode a bit differently. But I cant help but love it. Seeing Maddie and David be genuinely affectionate. And the whole Hot Air Baloon scene is damn Hilarious.

Maybe I love it more because watching it as a kid, it was one of my favs. I didnt really think to deeply about the baby stuff back then, and so I took it more at face value. It was just so funny and I love how Maddie and David worked things out and were getting along. I cant help but feel very nostalgic with this episode in particular.