Question about David’s bedroom

Here are two screenshots with the doll on the piano. This first one is Brother, Can You Spare A Blonde. The second one is from I Am Curious... Maddie. If I had this doll in my home, I think I would be afraid to be in the room with it.
View attachment 1773View attachment 1774
Frances Farmer, is this the creepy doll of which you speak? If you go back and look at this thread, you'll see this was a topic we discussed a couple years ago. You are not alone in being completely freaked out by this thing!

Yes! That is the creepy doll that haunts my dreams. I can barely look at the screen shots. I knew there was no way I was the only person freaked out by that thing. I should have checked the older threads before posting. It's just such an odd decorative choice. A sea of pastels & evil incarnated sitting on the baby grand. Thanks Marlena!

Yes! That is the creepy doll that haunts my dreams. I can barely look at the screen shots. I knew there was no way I was the only person freaked out by that thing. I should have checked the older threads before posting. It's just such an odd decorative choice. A sea of pastels & evil incarnated sitting on the baby grand. Thanks Marlena!
If I could, I would love to be able to ask Cybill if she knows anything about that "doll"... if you can even call it a doll. It's just such a strange prop. Stands out like a sore thumb to me. How on Earth could she and David roll around on the floor with that thing watching? I could totally see David saying, "Maddie, stay right here. I just have to do one thing." Then he gets up and goes to turn the doll around so that it's not facing them.

I would love to ask Cybill about the doll too. It had to be a topic of discussion while filming. The set designer either had really bad taste or was having some fun. It's just such a weird addition to the room. It just sits there, watching & waiting. I can't help but focus on it when I watch Brother, Can You Spare a Blonde even though I don't want to. It looks like something straight out of The Exorcist.

I can totally see David turning the head around or removing it altogether. Isn't he the one who mention projectile vomiting in All Creatures Great...And Not so Great?

Back