Presenting "Couple's Retreat"

Sandra

Post a chapter at a time. That's usually what I do!
I could do that. What I'm worried about, though, is the fact that it usually takes me more than a month to write a chapter. Sometimes three months or waaayyyy more when I hit a writer's block. It makes me slightly nervous to think about readers scurrying off because I take too long ;)

So, question to those who read my stories: chapter one to my multi-chaptered fic is actually finished now. Do you want me to post or do you want me to wait until I have a few more chapters under my belt? ;)

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
I could do that. What I'm worried about, though, is the fact that it usually takes me more than a month to write a chapter. Sometimes three months or waaayyyy more when I hit a writer's block. It makes me slightly nervous to think about readers scurrying off because I take too long ;)

So, question to those who read my stories: chapter one to my multi-chaptered fic is actually finished now. Do you want me to post or do you want me to wait until I have a few more chapters under my belt? ;)
Now please. 😛

MoonlightingMagic

Post away! I remember one story I wrote - I finished the last chapter like a year later. Sorry to have kept readers hanging but I had stuff to deal with. We must be patient! lol

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
Sandra, Is this story going to be OS-compliant, or will it be a Dream Sequence or Alternate Timeline? I just need to figure out where to put its forum.

Quest

Going to read right now.

Don’t worry about how long it takes. Good stories worth the wait. 😃😃😃

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
It will be OS-compliant 🙂
Ah! My favorite kind! Thank you!

I have created a forum for "Couples Retreat" between "Plastic Fantastic Lovers" and "Shirts and Skins, or beginning c. Wednesday, January 11, 1989. Your notes indicate that it is set "sometime after The Color of Maddie", and I aimed for after PFL because there are EU stories in which D&M are tentatively intimate after TCOM ("Alternate Ending for: The Color of Maddie") and during PFL ("Afternoon Delight"). While you need not consider those stories, of course, I am gussing from your "rated M for future chapters" note that the intimacy in "Couple's Retreat" will be... shall we say... not-so-tentative? It just seemed like a natural progression to place "Couple's Retreat" there in the timeline.

Please let me know if you feel it would be a better fit elsewhere, or if your story requires more than the few days between PFL and SAS (aligned with their original broadcast dates) to run its course. Adjustments can be made as needed to accommodate it.

Sorry for the long rant. OS-compliant stories are the best thing that can happen in the EU, in my humble opinion, but they do require a bit more planning, for sure. Thanks for reading!

Sandra

Ah! My favorite kind! Thank you!

I have created a forum for "Couples Retreat" between "Plastic Fantastic Lovers" and "Shirts and Skins, or beginning c. Wednesday, January 11, 1989. Your notes indicate that it is set "sometime after The Color of Maddie", and I aimed for after PFL because there are EU stories in which D&M are tentatively intimate after TCOM ("Alternate Ending for: The Color of Maddie") and during PFL ("Afternoon Delight"). While you need not consider those stories, of course, I am gussing from your "rated M for future chapters" note that the intimacy in "Couple's Retreat" will be... shall we say... not-so-tentative? It just seemed like a natural progression to place "Couple's Retreat" there in the timeline.

Please let me know if you feel it would be a better fit elsewhere, or if your story requires more than the few days between PFL and SAS (aligned with their original broadcast dates) to run its course. Adjustments can be made as needed to accommodate it.

Sorry for the long rant. OS-compliant stories are the best thing that can happen in the EU, in my humble opinion, but they do require a bit more planning, for sure. Thanks for reading!
Yes, I think the timeframe of January 11 1989 is perfect, since both David and Maddie mention in the story that it's been almost four years since they first met. As for the M-rated premise: the plot keeps our couple very tentative on the level of intimacy for a while, but since they are at a marriage retreat with all aspects hell bent on pushing them towards each other, I think it's safe to say that some physical activity will happen...

Marlena

I really like where this multi-chapter story is going. It is fun to read about Maddie and David investigating a case, and Sandra is doing a great job writing that aspect of the story. And the sexual tension between M and D is very much present. Can't wait to read the next chapter!

Quest

I reviewed as msmenna on FF. Loved this chapter.

You really bring this couple to life.

Just perfect.

MoonlightingMagic