Partial script by "To be determined"

Marlena

Last night I was flipping through a partial script I have for "Eek! A Spouse!". It must be a very early version of the script because the cover only has the episode number and no title. Anyway, you know the scene where Agnes is talking to Maddie and Maddie compares David to being like real milk and that being with him is like a first kiss all the time. In the draft of the script I have, the dialog in that scene is very different. When I get home tonight I will post some photos of those pages of the script. All I will say for right now is that I think you'll like what was originally written. Not to take away from Maddie saying she'll always love "real milk"... that's a wonderful line and I love that she said it... but the way it was originally written was also very good and very touching.

Last night I was flipping through a partial script I have for "Eek! A Spouse!". It must be a very early version of the script because the cover only has the episode number and no title. Anyway, you know the scene where Agnes is talking to Maddie and Maddie compares David to being like real milk and that being with him is like a first kiss all the time. In the draft of the script I have, the dialog in that scene is very different. When I get home tonight I will post some photos of those pages of the script. All I will say for right now is that I think you'll like what was originally written. Not to take away from Maddie saying she'll always love "real milk"... that's a wonderful line and I love that she said it... but the way it was originally written was also very good and very touching.
Looking forward to that!

I prefer what we saw on screen, actually. The script here wanders. Maddie as usual is very frustrating, she won't leave David alone even though that would be kinder, now she's
married.

I feel like in this early draft of the script Maddie can't stand the fact that David isn't completely devastated by her marriage to Walter. She didn't get the reaction she was looking for, and it is driving her nuts. I do love the dialog between Agnes and Bert. And I love the talk Agnes has with Maddie... especially the way she brought up the baby. Also, the last line that David says here... in the show, he just says it to himself, but in this version he says it to Maddie. I liked that.

Marlena, I'm just curious where you got this script.
I got this one and several others on ebay maybe five or six years ago. These are original with the different colored pages, coffee stains... some are incomplete. In one of them I even found the business card for a man named Dave Grayson, who it turns out, was Bruce Willis' Makeup artist on Moonlighting. If anyone is interested in seeing it, I can take a photo of the business card and post it on here. Just let me know.

I got this one and several others on ebay maybe five or six years ago. These are original with the different colored pages, coffee stains... some are incomplete. In one of them I even found the business card for a man named Dave Grayson, who it turns out, was Bruce Willis' Makeup artist on Moonlighting. If anyone is interested in seeing it, I can take a photo of the business card and post it on here. Just let me know.
That's really cool! I have 2 scripts, but there were no special cards inside either of them. I'd love to see a picture of it!

I feel like in this early draft of the script Maddie can't stand the fact that David isn't completely devastated by her marriage to Walter. She didn't get the reaction she was looking for, and it is driving her nuts.
That's just plain mean ☹️. I'm glad we didn't see that.

That's just plain mean ☹️. I'm glad we didn't see that.
I agree with you, Nala. Not only mean, but also childish and heartless. But even though it didn't play out like it was originally written, I still think what she did was so very inconsiderate knowing how he felt about her. No matter how it was written, this episode just broke my heart. 💔

I am on the same page as Marlena and Nala here. The way Maddie presses David to open up in the finished episode is unpleasant enough, but at least it feels somewhat out of genuine concern about what she has done to him. In this early draft, she seems driven to pick at David's wound by nothing more than a childish, outright contempt for him and a perverse desire to see him devastated by her marriage to Walter. It's like a continuation of the cruel tone of voice she used in delivering the line "It's not yours" in TOMT.

And why?

The last time she saw David, he professed his love to her in front of the entire staff and said, "Just tell me what to do, and I'll do it." The last communication she received from him was a box of baby books that showed he was really stepping up. This seemed to give everyone (including Maddie) hope, as she quickly packed her bags to return to L.A. and talked to her parents about finally taking some responsibility herself.

And then this?

At least these changes between script and screen suggest that someone realized they had taken Maddie too far... that she should be reeled back in a bit and show a little of her earlier heart.

I am thankful, as always, for the insight the scripts provide. While most of this one consists of inferior alternate versions of existing scenes, it happily also spells out one fully OS-compliant, FILMED and deleted scene! I have posted this as an EU scene called "A Rotten Egg and Volcano." Please give it a read here and see two short clips from it in the promo video.

Yeah, me too. That's why I'm listing all (known filmed) "Deleted Scenes" on the Home page. I feel like calling attention to them is our best hope of ever actually seeing them.
Will you create a new section for deleted, filmed scenes?

Back