New Revolutions about “Missing Proposal”

Good points …. and I forgot about the lyrics to the song…!

I don’t think David would lie. He must have asked on the phone. In Tracks, Maddie acknowledges to Walter that she knows he “wants her” but the problem is he isn’t that father. Like a marriage proposal happened but either she said no or didn’t answer at all.

So I guess it had to have happened on the phone. David gets home from prison, hears the messages and gets her on the phone. Or leaves a message even ???

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
Good points …. and I forgot about the lyrics to the song…!

I don’t think David would lie. He must have asked on the phone. In Tracks, Maddie acknowledges to Walter that she knows he “wants her” but the problem is he isn’t that father. Like a marriage proposal happened but either she said no or didn’t answer at all.

So I guess it had to have happened on the phone. David gets home from prison, hears the messages and gets her on the phone. Or leaves a message even ???
Exactly. Every bit of David's Maddie-related dialogue in CHDp2 shows him moving to that point.

That GGC and company didn't let us see the proposal doesn't mean it didn't happen, any more than their erasing David's first, "I love you, Maddie" (from the end of IACM) stopped her from asking him in THH, "David, do you remember what you said to me last night?"

My plot summary for "Dial M for Maddie" says it all (as I see it)... "Maddie's message of gratitude may have convinced David to stay in Los Angeles, but his determination to ask her to marry him remains undeterred."

Marlena

Exactly. Every bit of David's Maddie-related dialogue in CHDp2 shows him moving to that point.

That GGC and company didn't let us see it doesn't mean it didn't happen, any more than their erasing David's first, "I love you, Maddie" (from the end of IACM) stopped her from asking him in THH, "David, do you remember what you said to me last night?"

My plot summary for "Dial M for Maddie" says it all (as I see it)... "Maddie's message of gratitude may have convinced David to stay in Los Angeles, but his determination to ask her to marry him remains undeterred."
I don't know, Boink.... I was never a fan of your "proposal over the phone" theory, but you might be wearing me down. It could be...

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know, Boink.... I was never a fan of your "proposal over the phone" theory, but you might be wearing me down. It could be...
I'm pretty sure we all would have preferred life surrounding the proposal to let it happen MUCH differently. I'm just working with the evidence... the cards we were dealt.

Working within those parameters, I have some very specific ideas about how "Dial M for Maddie" could rise above its trappings and be something truly special... (For starters, David and Maddie would actually talk. He would NOT propose via answering machine or voice mail.) I would write it myself, but as usual, I'm just so focused on building up the website that it leaves me zero time for anything else.

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
Working within those parameters, I have some very specific ideas about how "Dial M for Maddie" could rise above its trappings and be something truly special... (For starters, David and Maddie would actually talk. He would NOT propose via answering machine or voice mail.) I would write it myself, but as usual, I'm just so focused on building up the website that it leaves me zero time for anything else.
Aughh... Maybe I just need to put everything else aside for a bit and hammer this story out. It would have a few chapters and move beyond just the phone call and into areas that are VERY personal to me. If there is any one Moonlighting story I feel I HAVE to write, this would be it.

Marlena

Aughh... Maybe I just need to put everything else aside for a bit and hammer this story out. It would have a few chapters and move beyond just the phone call and into areas that are VERY personal to me. If there is any one Moonlighting story I feel I HAVE to write, this would be it.
Please... you need to do this.

Marlena

Okay, Marlena. Due in no small part to your encouragement (and the inspiration of your stories), I have now begun work on "Dial M for Maddie" and changed its status from "Available Concept" to "COMING SOON!"

Thank you sincerely for the push.
You're very welcome, and I'm sure it's pretty accurate to say that there are many of us here who are really looking forward to reading "Dial M for Maddie".