John Kassir

Blue Goose

Something that always bugged me about this episode was that John Kassir is listed in the credits, yet I don't see him in the episode at all.

For those that don't know, John Kassir was the voice of the Crypt Keeper on HBO's Tales from the Crypt and has had quite a lengthy career, mostly consisting of voice-over and animation work. His IMDB page lists his role in this episode as "Police Detective", yet he does not appear during the only scene involving police officers (when Maddie and David arrive at the Woodley house to interview Ken).

I was able to pull another draft of the script, as well as the Cast List, and found that John Kassir is listed as "Additional Man" and was only scheduled to be on set for one day of filming. In the finished episode, the first scene after Gail on the bed reading the letter is Maddie leaving a crowded elevator with a group of Blue Moon employees headed to their office. But in the script I have, that scene starts in the lobby with an "Additional Man" on the elevator (full of men only) who is telling a joke to his friend. Then Maddie steps on and the man stops talking - she insists that he finish his joke, but he's too embarrassed to continue. She keeps prodding him, but he won't finish the joke and he quickly steps out on another floor when the door opens. When they arrive on the Blue Moon floor, Maddie is trying to get the male employees to reveal the end of the joke but they won't either, and they continue on to the Blue Moon office where they find Bert and Agnes making out.

The only explanation I can come up with is that they filmed the scene and then deleted it, but John Kassir was still allowed to keep his credit. Or else they got delayed and never filmed it, but there was something in John Kassir's contract that allowed him to still be credited. Either way, it really baffled me and I'm glad I got it figured out.

Just found the call sheet for the first day of production on this episode. John Kassir is listed as reporting to set at 9am and being dismissed at Noon. Based on the order of the scenes filmed, his elevator scene was the first one to be shot that day. And there you go - John's scene was filmed and not used... :)

Just found the call sheet for the first day of production on this episode. John Kassir is listed as reporting to set at 9am and being dismissed at Noon. Based on the order of the scenes filmed, his elevator scene was the first one to be shot that day. And there you go - John's scene was filmed and not used... :)
I wonder if anyone has footage of scenes like this that were shot but never aired?

I wonder if anyone has footage of scenes like this that were shot but never aired?
I can't help but wonder what happened to all the unused footage that was shot. Scenes like the one Blue Goose mentioned above and all the bloopers! There must have been so many bloopers with all the overlapping dialog and fast talking.

I have what is a stupid question, I'm sure, but I'll ask anyway. With Moonlighting being shot on 35mm film, if there is a blooper, that film can't be reused, right? So unless it got thrown into the trash, those bloopers and deleted scenes must still exist somewhere, right?

I can't help but wonder what happened to all the unused footage that was shot. Scenes like the one Blue Goose mentioned above and all the bloopers! There must have been so many bloopers with all the overlapping dialog and fast talking.

I have what is a stupid question, I'm sure, but I'll ask anyway. With Moonlighting being shot on 35mm film, if there is a blooper, that film can't be reused, right? So unless it got thrown into the trash, those bloopers and deleted scenes must still exist somewhere, right?
Yes, there are boxes upon boxes of unused footage that is stored in our vault. But I was not asked to comb through it - we did not have the time or resources to pursue locating and transferring deleted scenes, etc.

Back