Ideas recycled within series and across actors' and producers' careers

Nala

It's surprising, isn't it, how much ideas, scenes, dialogue, etc are recycled within series and across different movies of these actors' and producers's careers? But little bits like these make me feel that Bruce did treasure his time on Moonlighting.

Is this actually the same tower Cybill was hanging off from?
View attachment 5242
No. CS was on the Eastern Columbia building in L.A. LWT is set in NYC and was filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I'm not sure what building/clock Kirstie Alley is hanging from.

Is it supposed to be Mollie's biological clock?
The script describes it that way... "made out of organs and throbbing human body parts." It's probably for the best that the producers opted to keep things simple (and costs down) with the more conventional clock.

It really is practically the same premise, isn't it? Mollie is 35 and becomes pregnant unexpectedly and falls in love with an "unsuitable" man. There are so many nods to Moonlighting, I don't know whether it's an homage or a shameless rip-off.

Is this a dream sequence?
Yes.

It really is practically the same premise, isn't it? Mollie is 35 and becomes pregnant unexpectedly and falls in love with an "unsuitable" man. There are so many nods to Moonlighting, I don't know whether it's an homage or a shameless rip-off.
Either way, John Travolta and Kirstie Alley are so appealing together that I love the original LWT and find myself forgiving most of the sequels' flaws. It actually pains me to find no LWT fanfiction out there to add to this website.

In short: If Baby Hayes couldn't be born to David and Maddie, I'm glad he wound up with James and Mollie.

Back