I envision the woman...

David goes back to Philly for xmas and runs into his old flame?
Possibly, but since David married Tess at a young age, moved to N.Y. and then to L.A., whatever other Philly "relationships" he had were probably more along the lines of crushes, school-age "dating", hookups, etc.

According to "The First Day of School", Emily Summers is David's best friend in the fifth grade. The story stops there, so whatever became of Emily is up to whoever decides to continue it. I see David and Emily as having an affectionate friendship that perhaps evolved into an unspoken but understood mutual crush... possibly peaking with a nervous first kiss... that was eventually sidelined, at least for David, when other factors and then Tess came along.

For me, "Home for the Holidays" would benefit by not disrupting that too much. I think Moonlighting has given us enough Blue Moon-era reconnections and/or love triangles, via Gillian, Sam, and Annie (plus others in various EU stories), and that any reunion of David and Emily (or other "old flame") would be sweeter and more original if limited to tender reminiscing, an honest sharing of feelings, maybe a first kiss recreation at most, and a mutual decision that they are better off always remaining each other's "in another life" sweetheart.

I also think David's reconnecting with his father, Stephanie, and some of his other friends would be nice, so it's not all just about another romance.

That's just my take, though.

Possibly, but since David married Tess at a young age, moved to N.Y. and then to L.A., whatever other Philly "relationships" he had were probably more along the lines of crushes, school-age "dating", hookups, etc.

According to "The First Day of School", Emily Summers is David's best friend in the fifth grade. The story stops there, so whatever became of Emily is up to whoever decides to continue it. I see David and Emily as having an affectionate friendship that perhaps evolved into an unspoken but understood mutual crush... possibly peaking with a nervous first kiss... that was eventually sidelined, at least for David, when other factors and then Tess came along.

For me, "Home for the Holidays" would benefit by not disrupting that too much. I think Moonlighting has given us enough Blue Moon-era reconnections and/or love triangles, via Gillian, Sam, and Annie (plus others in various EU stories), and that any reunion of David and Emily (or other "old flame") would be sweeter and more original if limited to tender reminiscing, an honest sharing of feelings, maybe a first kiss recreation at most, and a mutual decision that they are better off always remaining each other's "in another life" sweetheart.

I also think David's reconnecting with his father, Stephanie, and some of his other friends would be nice, so it's not all just about another romance.

That's just my take, though.
okey dokey!

Back