DVD commentary

alice1804

Hi guys!

I'm new here so I just want to start by thanking you for this amazing place. Secondly, I was wondering whether you know where I can find the DVD commentaries, in particular those with Bruce and Cybill. The only DVDs I have managed to find on the market do not have any of the extra materials and the ones on Amazon do not ship to my country.

Would it perhaps be possible to upload them on this website?

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, Alice! Thank you for joining us, and for the kind words about the website. I really appreciate it.

I've been reluctant to post any content that was part of the official DVDs, but I'll ponder your dilemma for a bit. I know the DVDs aren't cheap these days, but have you tried finding a seller on eBay who ships internationally?

northernlight

Alice, there's some on the UK box set, but the only one with Cybill and Bruce together is the Atomic Shakespeare episode, which also features Glenn and Jay, so it's a little crowded. They seem to be enjoying themselves. Jay does a nice solo commentary on the Mulberry Street episode.

Welcome, by the way! Hope you have a lot of fun here.

UnderMoonlight

Welcome! So glad you are here! And like Northernlight has mentioned, there is only one ep with Bruce and Cybill. I spent some time ripping the commentary episodes onto my computer from the dvds. I was thinking of uploading them to youtube but wasnt sure if they will be taken down due to copyright??

alice1804

Thank you for the lovely welcome everyone!

The DVDs on eBay are region 1 and I only have a region 2 DVD player. To buy both the already expensive DVDs and a new player would be a bit too expensive for me, no matter how much I want to hear the commentaries 😆

UnderMoonlight, I'm not familiar with how copyright works so I couldn't possibly say but it would be great if you could upload them somewhere. Maybe there's a file/video sharing website where one could get around the copyright issue.

Obviously I'm mostly interested in the ones Bruce and Cybill did, both together and separately but it would be fun to hear the ones with the crew as well.

Marlena

The DVDs on eBay are region 1 and I only have a region 2 DVD player. To buy both the already expensive DVDs and a new player would be a bit too expensive for me, no matter how much I want to hear the commentaries 😆

UnderMoonlight, I'm not familiar with how copyright works so I couldn't possibly say but it would be great if you could upload them somewhere. Maybe there's a file/video sharing website where one could get around the copyright issue.

Obviously I'm mostly interested in the ones Bruce and Cybill did, both together and separately but it would be fun to hear the ones with the crew as well.
Hi alice1804, and welcome! When you get a chance, let us know a little about yourself. Like when did you first discover Moonlighting? Back during its original run, or more recently? Favorite episodes/scenes... stuff like that... thanks!

Sandra

Hello Alice! Welcome to the Moonlighting board! I don't know how to help you with the DVD commentaries, but I hope you will stick around here and chat with us about the show :)

UnderMoonlight

Maybe there is, I dont know of any but if anyone does then let me know.

I was thinking maybe it could be okay on youtube as long as its an unlisted video. But Im not sure on this and I dont want my channel to get banned.

So again if anyone knows anything about this, let me know. I have the file ready. (y)(y)

alice1804

Maybe there is, I dont know of any but if anyone does then let me know.

I was thinking maybe it could be okay on youtube as long as its an unlisted video. But Im not sure on this and I dont want my channel to get banned.

So again if anyone knows anything about this, let me know. I have the file ready. (y)(y)
Could you perhaps upload them on Dailymotion? I just checked and they don't give any copyright strikes so there is no risk of having your channel banned or deleted.