Donnigan's first name

Davidsmaddie

Hey everyone can you guys help me? I hate this episode so much and I can’t bring myself to watch it. Can somebody tell me what Donnigan’s first name is? Please and thank you I’m finishing Little Problem Annie and I need to plug it in.

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone can you guys help me? I hate this episode so much and I can’t bring myself to watch it. Can somebody tell me what Donnigan’s first name is? Please and thank you I’m finishing Little Problem Annie and I need to plug it in.
His name is Mick Donnigan.

I can't wait for "Little Problem Annie"!

Marlena

Hey Everyone,

So, many of you know I'm continuing with my Season 5 background story, and I am currently up to EKNM, probably the worst episode of all time.

I have a question about Maddie's bodyguard, Donnigan. So as a police officer/bodyguard, is he actually sleeping in Maddie's house? If so, where? Downstairs? Guest room? Out in his car? Or, is he only with her for a part of the day, and then someone else takes over? It's just weird. She's like cooking dinner for him. He's starting a fire in the fireplace. It all feels very cozy.

If I needed a bodyguard, I think I'd want him to sit outside in his car, and I wouldn't want to have to make dinner for him.

Last edited:

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
There would have to be a shift change for "around the clock" police protection, and EKNM did show this. An officer would not sleep on the job, as that would be rather poor protection, and it seemed those guarding Maddie tended to hang out in the living room. That she served Donnigan dinner and he helped her start the fire were almost certainly just their choosing to be friendly.

MoonlightingMagic

Hey Everyone,

So many of you know I'm continuing with my Season 5 background story, and I am currently up to EKNM, probably the worst episode of all time.

I have a question about Maddie's bodyguard, Donnigan. So as a police officer/bodyguard, is he actually sleeping in Maddie's house? If so, where? Downstairs? Guest room? Out in his car? Or, is he only with her for a part of the day, and then someone else takes over? It's just weird. She's like cooking dinner for him. He's starting a fire in the fireplace. It all feels very cozy.

If I needed a bodyguard, I think I'd want him to sit outside in his car, and I wouldn't want to have to make dinner for him.
Gordon replaced Donnegan. And David made a crack - Shame on you. Maddie told him he was replacing Donnegan and he was like what wear him out? I hate that scene - she wouldn't even let him in her house then tells him to take Annie on a vacation. Desperate women do desperate things...

MoonlightingMagic

There would have to be a shift change for "around the clock" police protection, and EKNM did show this. An officer would not sleep on the job, as that would be rather poor protection, and it seemed those guarding Maddie tended to hang out in the living room. That she served Donnigan dinner and he helped her start the fire were almost certainly just their choosing to be friendly.
Donnegan had his eye on her. He wanted Maddie lol

MoonlightingMagic

I do not like David at all in this episode. He is so snide and smug and his hair looks bad lol And this is one of the episodes in season 5 where he is pooping and talking to Bert. Are we supposed to infer that David is crap? Cause in this episode he is! That lunch scene was cringeworthy too

Marlena

I do not like David at all in this episode. He is so snide and smug and his hair looks bad lol And this is one of the episodes in season 5 where he is pooping and talking to Bert. Are we supposed to infer that David is crap? Cause in this episode he is! That lunch scene was cringeworthy too
This is by far the hardest Season 5 background story to write. I'm struggling with this one. It feels like the love is really gone between M & D, and I hate that. They are just trying to move on from each other in this episode. I'm doing the best that I can, but it is not easy to write about this episode.

I think that, had the series not been cancelled, they were probably going to have Maddie with Donnigan, while David is with Annie. Then we would see jealous feelings start to creep up in both M & D. Then eventually they would work their way back to each other. I think that was the intent, but we never got to see that, of course.

MoonlightingMagic

This is by far the hardest Season 5 background story to write. I'm struggling with this one. It feels like the love is really gone between M & D, and I hate that. They are just trying to move on from each other in this episode. I'm doing the best that I can, but it is not easy to write about this episode.

I think that, had the series not been cancelled, they were probably going to have Maddie with Donnigan, while David is with Annie. Then we would see jealous feelings start to creep up in both M & D. Then eventually they would work their way back to each other. I think that was the intent, but we never got to see that, of course.
To me this episode is worse than WGC! David is so snippy and Maddie just looks done. Maybe you can write about their feelings and how they are so hurt but trying to hide it behind their behavior????

MoonlightingMagic

Like in the lunch scene David is mean because he knows Maddie has said things about him to Annie and he is also jealous of Donnegan - and Maddie is trying to hide her hurt and jealously but she feels lots of anger and dislike towards David - he has hurt her to her core? Just a suggestion

Marlena

To me this episode is worse than WGC! David is so snippy and Maddie just looks done. Maybe you can write about their feelings and how they are so hurt but trying to hide it behind their behavior????
It is worse that WGC! I agree completely! I am working on writing from Maddie's POV, so I'm definitely writing about her feelings, as well as adding to and elaborating on the story. I'm taking my time with this one. You have to take EKNM in small doses or it will put you in a severely depressed state.

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
I am working on writing from Maddie's POV, so I'm definitely writing about her feelings, as well as adding to and elaborating on the story.
Focusing on Maddie's feelings should make for a pretty full roller-coaster ride of a story. She goes from the speech she rehearsed at the end of "Force of Nature"... to the insight she hopefully gained in "Dancing on Eggshells"... to the disgust she rightfully feels towards David at the time of her lunch with Annie... to her consideration of Donnigan as a safer, more "proper", "real detective" alternative to David... to her pleasant surprise at David's "trying to look out for her"... to her disappointed acceptance of "Partners, eh?"... to her realizing that Donnigan would just be her time-wasting equivalent to what David is doing with Annie... etc.