Dialogue dubbing and song re-use

Marlena

Watched this episode tonight. It's always been one of my favorites. Two things I noticed. One is in the nighttime scene in David's office when Maddie tells David not to look at her. When she says the words, "I respect you so much, David Addison," her lips aren't moving at all. If you look for it, it's really obvious that the line was overdubbed.

The other thing I've always wondered about is why they used the same song in two out of three times that David goes to meet Toby in the bar. The song playing in the first bar scene is called "Baby Talk", but in the second and third bar scenes, the song is "West End Girls" by the Pet Shop Boys. I love that song and it works well in both scenes, but I just always thought it strange that they didn't pick a third song. Seems unlikely the same song would be playing when David walks into the bar on different days. Maybe they only had it in their budget to get two songs.

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
"West End Girls" is not my preferred style of music and would do nothing for me if not for its Moonlighting connection. Thanks to this episode, I can't help but listen to the song (on the rare occasion I stumble upon it) and be happily taken back to that bar with David and Toby.

northernlight

"West End Girls" is not my preferred style of music and would do nothing for me if not for its Moonlighting connection. Thanks to this episode, I can't help but listen to the song (on the rare occasion I stumble upon it) and be happily taken back to that bar with David and Toby.
I like a lot of songs I wouldn't normally give the time of day to if they weren't used in Moonlighting. You hear any song that was used in the show and you just see the relevant scene in your mind's eye. I tolerate 'West End Girls' for exactly the same reason - it's not my thing either.

Last edited: