David gets angry at the church

Marlena

I agree that much of David's raunchy banter was intended just to get a rise out of Maddie. But, as we found out in episodes like The Son Also Rises and in Tale in Two Cities, he was not immune from veering off the righteous path at times. And who can forget his affair with that trashy Annie woman.

northernlight

I agree that much of David's raunchy banter was intended just to get a rise out of Maddie. But, as we found out in episodes like The Son Also Rises and in Tale in Two Cities, he was not immune from veering off the righteous path at times. And who can forget his affair with that trashy Annie woman.
I've always thought that by the end of the series, David had finally lived down to Maddie's original low opinion of him and justified it - a real shame.

Marlena

I've always thought that by the end of the series, David had finally lived down to Maddie's original low opinion of him and justified it - a real shame.
If you are interested in fan fiction, I'm actually almost done writing a story that begins to explain David's odd behavior in Season 5. I created a backstory (with some help from Boink) that could work within the actual context of the Original Series. I will let you all know when I've posted it.

Sandra

If we look at how season 4 ended, with David basically holding all the cards and having every right to put Maddie in her place, and compare that to how season 5 ended.... Neither of them could walk away with their head held high when Blue Moon went down the drain. They took a good thing and destroyed it, and yes... that's a real shame.

Last edited:

northernlight

If you are interested in fan fiction, I'm actually almost done writing a story that begins to explain David's odd behavior in Season 5. I created a backstory (with some help from Boink) that could work within the actual context of the Original Series. I will let you all know when I've posted it.
I keep meaning to dip into the fan fiction (I did make a start and I was impressed) and I will do, probably over Christmas. I certainly look forward to reading your story.