BW and CS as David and Maddie today?

MoonlightingMagic

The way Bruce looks and acts now is a shame. Something not right with him and he could never play David Addison again. And Cybill had too much plastic surgery to be beautifully aged Maddie. Maybe they can do it with puppets? No joke.

Marlena

I agree MoonlightingMagic, I really would not want to see them play Maddie and David now. For a lot of reasons, I don't think they could do it, and I think it'd be awful. The only thing I would want to see is maybe an ensemble-type movie where they play an estranged couple (not Maddie and David) who have to come together many years later for something like a wedding or family reunion. In the beginning they would act bitter and spiteful towards each other (probably not much of a stretch for BW), and by the end maybe they reconcile, or are at least civil towards each other.

Bruce's movies lately just don't do well. I watched one of his more recent ones the other night, called Looper. It was watchable, but I feel like all he ever does is act like the tough guy and carry lots of big guns around. Where is the guy who played the sweet, lovable, funny David Addison years ago? To me, no role BW has ever played since will ever compare to David Addison. I think if BW was smart, doing a drama with Cybill would help his career. I think there are actually a lot of people out there who would like to see them together after all these years. It would bring back memories of watching that great show they loved back in the 80's. If it was marketed right, I think it could work. But not as Maddie and David, they'd have to play different characters. In my opinion.

MoonlightingMagic

I agree MoonlightingMagic, I really would not want to see them play Maddie and David now. For a lot of reasons, I don't think they could do it, and I think it'd be awful. The only thing I would want to see is maybe an ensemble-type movie where they play an estranged couple (not Maddie and David) who have to come together many years later for something like a wedding or family reunion. In the beginning they would act bitter and spiteful towards each other (probably not much of a stretch for BW), and by the end maybe they reconcile, or are at least civil towards each other.

Bruce's movies lately just don't do well. I watched one of his more recent ones the other night, called Looper. It was watchable, but I feel like all he ever does is act like the tough guy and carry lots of big guns around. Where is the guy who played the sweet, lovable, funny David Addison years ago? To me, no role BW has ever played since will ever compare to David Addison. I think if BW was smart, doing a drama with Cybill would help his career. I think there are actually a lot of people out there who would like to see them together after all these years. It would bring back memories of watching that great show they loved back in the 80's. If it was marketed right, I think it could work. But not as Maddie and David, they'd have to play different characters. In my opinion.
I love him in Die Hard and a few of his action movies but the only role where he comes close to David is The Story of Us. I also enjoyed him in The Kid and the Sixth Sense. Unfortunately most of his latest movies are crap!

Quest

He was excellent in The Sixth Sense. I haven’t seen most of his movies as the action films don’t interest me much.

However, if he were to play David Addison again, it would be a sixty something David Addison, not 30 year old version. I’d love to see him pull it off. As for CS, I don’t think she looked like she had a lot of plastic surgery in the latest interview she did, and who is to say Maddie wouldn’t have had a Botox injection or two? IMO, Beautiful women find it hard to age naturally.

I think the only way to fix the end of Moonlighting is for its fans to see these two still together after all these years.

Will have to agree to disagree. 😀

Last edited:

northernlight

I think far too much time has elapsed. I'd much remember them as they were. It's great to look back, but in actually going back, you can lose something wonderful in the process. It's a great show that everyone here loves. We have our memories and the DVD's, as well as these forums - we're very lucky! It's like Marlena said, it would be great if Cybill and Bruce worked together again, but not playing Maddie and David.

MoonlightingMagic

He was excellent in The Sixth Sense. I haven’t seen most of his movies as the action films don’t interest me much.

However, if he were to play David Addison again, it would be a sixty something David Addison, not 30 year old version. I’d love to see him pull it off. As for CS, I don’t think she looked like she had a lot of plastic surgery in the latest interview she did, and who is to say Maddie wouldn’t have had a Botox injection or two? IMO, Beautiful women find it hard to age naturally.

I think the only way to fix the end of Moonlighting is for its fans to see these two still together after all these years.

Will have to agree to disagree. 😀
Of course!

FanofMoonlighting

Quest, I agree with you. I'd like to see them try to be David and Maddie again. It wouldn't necessarily have to be a full movie, maybe a half hour episode, or if they put the show on BluRay maybe they can just have them introduce the show together and tell us what David and Maddie have been doing for all these years.

I saw an interview with Cybill from a few years ago, 2018 I think, where she said she'd still be willing to do something. Although I think it would have been better if they had done it maybe 10 years ago.

I also wouldn't mind seeing them in some other movie together as other characters. Its sad that they never worked together again.

Marlena

I watched BW in The Story of Us last night. It was good, and I really liked it. I didn't think he was acting like David Addison in it, but there may have been some glimpses of him here and there. I wish he had done more movies like that in his career.

I will say, I didn't care for what they did with his hair in that movie when he was portraying his character at a younger age. Poor BW, such a long successful career, but he only got about two years of it with good hair - David Addison seasons 1 & 2.

I don't know, y'all. While ideally it would be wonderful to see BW and CS again, playing David and Maddie in a new ML one-off show or film, I have a feeling I'd/we'd be disappointed. I just have a hard time believing they'd both really be into it the way we'd hope they'd be. Especially Bruce.

essed

What about a one-off or limited audio event, like an old timey War of the Worlds (nod to Orson Welles!) style radio show? Audible released original X-Files content with the stars of the show. It’s not as good as watching, of course, but allows everyone (writers and actors) to participate without being in the same room and it solves the age issue. We could hear David, Maddie, and DiPesto again and picture them at whatever age/look we prefer. It could be set in 1989 or present day.

Quest

From what I've been reading, BW has lost his interest in acting and is phoning in his performances. He definitely could not do that playing David Addision.

At this point, I think he needs to do something like this to restart his career. It would be a make or break performance.

FanofMoonlighting

I haven't seen too many of his recent movies but they seem like a lot of the same thing over and over. Maybe he needs to do something different from what he's been doing. I think Moonlighting and David Addison would be different for him at this point. But he would have to want to do it and not just do it for the money. Otherwise I'm sure the fans would be disappointed in the performance.

Quest

I'm not sure he can rise to the occasion, but I'd love to see him get back on track. I don't care how they pair Maddie and David. Some have even suggested puppets (lol). I just want the ending fixed. It is too sad to leave it the way TPTB did.

I would, also, love to see BW and CS in a project together.

MoonlightingMagic

I'm not sure he can rise to the occasion, but I'd love to see him get back on track. I don't care how they pair Maddie and David. Some have even suggested puppets (lol). I just want the ending fixed. It is too sad to leave it the way TPTB did.

I would, also, love to see BW and CS in a project together.
I suggested puppets roflll

MoonlightingMagic

From what I've been reading, BW has lost his interest in acting and is phoning in his performances. He definitely could not do that playing David Addision.

At this point, I think he needs to do something like this to restart his career. It would be a make or break performance.
From what I have observed he is not right. Something wrong with him. Either a stroke or early onset dementia. Look at his eyes.

Marlena

MoonlightingMagic, what are you watching/seeing that shows that? Is it a movie? Interview? Photo?

MoonlightingMagic

MoonlightingMagic, what are you watching/seeing that shows that? Is it a movie? Interview? Photo?
Interviews, photos, the look in his eyes. My dad had dementia and the signs are there. I saw Bruce in Misery on Broadway a couple of years ago and he had an ear piece in his ear and you could see that he was always a beat behind his lines. He is a shell of David Addison.

northernlight

Interviews, photos, the look in his eyes. My dad had dementia and the signs are there. I saw Bruce in Misery on Broadway a couple of years ago and he had an ear piece in his ear and you could see that he was always a beat behind his lines. He is a shell of David Addison.
It's scary to think of how long ago Moonlighting is, because it only seems like five years or so back. I'm having a hard time imagining 'David Addison' as a sixty-five-year-old man, because he was so vital and of a particular time in my life (Maddie too). David and Maddie are almost frozen in time for me, which is why I'm not keen on any reunion. That's just me though. I hope he hasn't got dementia - it's such a cruel condition.