Blaming the writers

UnderMoonlight

Maddie sounds so cold and mean when she tells him she's married and the baby isn't his - She has no reason to be mean and spiteful toward David!
I agree with you totally. She didnt even try to break it to him gently. I know Maddie could have her moments when she was quite cold and rude with David. However, this moment to me was the writers fault. They wrote her out of character. I dont think that given the time she had been away, and all the soul searching she had done in that time, that Maddie would have said it like that to him. Because that was huge important news, its not in Maddies nature to dump something like that as if it didnt matter. It mattered to her, and she knew it would matter to David.

MoonlightingMagic

I agree with you totally. She didnt even try to break it to him gently. I know Maddie could have her moments when she was quite cold and rude with David. However, this moment to me was the writers fault. They wrote her out of character. I dont think that given the time she had been away, and all the soul searching she had done in that time, that Maddie would have said it like that to him. Because that was huge important news, its not in Maddies nature to dump something like that as if it didnt matter. It mattered to her, and she knew it would matter to David.
Yes! And marrying Walter was way out of character.

Quest

Maddie, as written up to that point, would never have married Walter, and as has been stated by many on this board and others, there is no way she could have known David was not the father. The sexual encounters were too close together.

I would imagine women were screaming this at their tv sets back then. The writers definitely do not know anything about conception. lol

MoonlightingMagic

Maddie, as written up to that point, would never have married Walter, and as has been stated by many on this board and others, there is no way she could have known David was not the father. The sexual encounters were too close together.

I would imagine women were screaming this at their tv sets back then. The writers definitely do not know anything about conception. lol
EXACTLY!!!! And yes screaming loudly!!!!