Atomic Shakespeare - A Moonlighting Strangers Exclusive!

Sean211

Ryan has graciously agreed to allow me to say something about what is, to me, the holy grail of all "Moonlighting" memorabilia. Not only was "Atomic Shakespeare" arguably the most creative episode in the show's five seasons, it's one of the most creative and entertaining 60 minutes of any show in Television history. When today's posted item came up for auction, I immediately knew it had to be mine. There was a bidding war and luckily I prevailed. "Moonlighting Strangers" is an outstanding website dedicated to "Moonlighting" and it's done with great affection and care. It's my honor to share my collection of Moonlighting scripts with all of you. With that said, I turn it over to Ryan to announce today's posting.

I am humbled and honored that Sean211 has allowed me to present his newly acquired treasures at this website. Since it seems as important to him as it is to me that this be a "Moonlighting Strangers Exclusive", I have added a small watermark to one of the two PDF files. I have tried to make this as non-intrusive as possible, and there are ways around it, but with the considerable expense and effort Sean211 invested to bring this to our particular table, I figured it was the least I could do.

Thank you once again to one of the most dedicated Moonlighting fans I have ever been blessed to "meet 'long the way"! Sean211, you rock, and I am proud to present, with your help, the...

I love the wardrobe production bible! It's really interesting to see that Cybill was wearing sneakers in this episode and it's funny to see that when they are supposed to be in bed together it says they are nude with a sheet. I doubt that's true, but it's definitely interesting. Can I ask where you got this from Sean211? And congrats on winning the auction! I wonder whatever happened to the dresses Cybill wore. They were really pretty.

I know that one of Cybill's dresses, as well as one of Bruce's outfits - both from Atomic Shakespeare, were in a separate auction lot on the same day and on the same site as this script and production Bible.

The site was Heritage Auctions.
Thanks for the info! I looked at that site, it looks like the outfits are just sketches, not actual clothes. Am I looking at the wrong thing?

Thanks for the info! I looked at that site, it looks like the outfits are just sketches, not actual clothes. Am I looking at the wrong thing?
Hi Judy,

When I first started watching the auctions, two of the actual outfits were up for auction with a reserve price of I believe $10,000. But then several days before the auction was to end, the listing just disappeared. I just assumed either the seller decided not to sell or maybe they got some kind of private offer. I think that at the same time one of Bruce's jackets was also being auctioned off, but that one disappeared too.

Also, if you look at past auctions on that site, you'll see Maddie's yellow dress.

Hi Judy,

When I first started watching the auctions, two of the actual outfits were up for auction with a reserve price of I believe $10,000. But then several days before the auction was to end, the listing just disappeared. I just assumed either the seller decided not to sell or maybe they got some kind of private offer. I think that at the same time one of Bruce's jackets was also being auctioned off, but that one disappeared too.

Also, if you look at past auctions on that site, you'll see Maddie's yellow dress.
That's correct. And the auction I won also disappeared for a time. I was also watching Bruce Willis' jacket, worn in this episode, and then it too vanished. I'm guessing the pre-bidding price wasn't where the seller thought it should be.

That's correct. And the auction I won also disappeared for a time. I was also watching Bruce Willis' jacket, worn in this episode, and then it too vanished. I'm guessing the pre-bidding price wasn't where the seller thought it should be.
I was able to find the photos online. That particular auction included some photographs, too.

If I remember correctly, Sean211, didn't the auction for Bruce Willis' jacket also include the sword that was part of his costume in "Atomic Shakespeare"?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230806_110539_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230806_110539_Chrome.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230806_110545_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230806_110545_Chrome.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230806_110552_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230806_110552_Chrome.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230806_110614_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230806_110614_Chrome.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230806_110618_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230806_110618_Chrome.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 8
It may have, but I don't recall a sword.

Here are higher quality photos of the costumes.

Attachments

• Kate_II.jpeg
    Kate_II.jpeg
    650.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Kate_III.jpeg
    Kate_III.jpeg
    700.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Kate.jpeg
    Kate.jpeg
    646.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Petruchio-II.jpeg
    Petruchio-II.jpeg
    457.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Petruchio.jpeg
    Petruchio.jpeg
    503.8 KB · Views: 9
I read a part in the beginning, and the script is really funny! There's a part where Agnes (Bianca) is reading 'poetry' I.e. Agnes' rhymes which is so funny, I wish we'd got to see that.

Back