6 of 8 "lost" Virtual Moonlighting episodes have been found!

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
I have been engaged in a bit of detective work that I'd like to believe would make David and Maddie proud, and here is what I have to report:

After unearthing some long-archived webpages that led me to believe Dana (the first known ML fanficiton writer) was the author of most, if not all, of Virtual Moonlighting's eight lost episodes, I managed to track her down and confirm that belief.

I let her know about MoonlightingStrangers.com, my obsession with gathering all ML fanfiction in one place at this site, and the ache I felt at the fact that those VM episodes were still MIA.

Well, Dana graciously took the time to do some digging herself and has turned up of six of the eight lost episodes, which she sent to me for a bit of proofreading and spelling/grammar cleanup. (She asked me to make clear that she wrote these stories many years ago, and that her writing has "hopefully" much improved since then.)

I am working through the stories now, and more than 15 years (!) after they went "lost", I am humbled and honored to be able to present the first of these six newly-unearthed episodes, with the remaining five soon to follow, in order, over the coming days and weeks.

NEWLY POSTED!

COMING SOON!
  • 6.9 - Signs of Life
  • 6.10 - Signs of Life (Part II)
  • 6.13 - A Christmas Story
  • 6.17 - The Business of Betrayal
  • 6.18 - The Business of Betrayal (Part II)

This leaves leaves only two VM episodes MIA, which happen to be the very first VM episodes ever:
  • 6.1 - Little Problem Annie
  • 6.2 - Little Problem Annie (Part II)

Dana has other places to check for these episodes, as well as people she can contact to see if they may still have them, but it will take time. For now, my own investigation into these two remaining lost episodes also continues. If any of you who are reading this has any information at all that might help us to make Virtual Moonlighting whole again, please send me (Boink) a PRIVATE message via the envelope icon in the header's upper-right menu. Thank you so much in advance.

Thank you also, very sincerely, to Dana, for pioneering Moonlighting fanfiction, for writing these timeless and wonderful stories, and for tracking them down and sharing them with us after so many years MIA.

As fans forever connected by Moonlighting, we surely appreciate it. And again... I think Maddie and David would be proud.

Moonlighting-found.jpg

-Boink

UnderMoonlight

Yay!! Great job in finding them, very happy about that. :D

I actually messaged a lady about these missing episodes when I started reading them. And she said they were probably lost as they were written so long ago, so I am really grateful you managed to get a hold of them! You should be working at Blue Moon full time. :cool:

Huge thanks to Dana as well! Cant wait to read these fanfics.

Marlena

Hi, I’m Dana and I really want to emphasize that I wrote these as a teenager and in no way do they resemble my writing 25 years later. I hope you like them but truly, don’t judge too harshly, please.

Thanks Boink for pulling all this together! I’m so happy this fandom is still out here.
Hi Dana, it's so nice to meet you and I'm glad you signed on here. I've read some of your stories and I think you are a wonderful writer! I read Virtual Moonlighting about six months ago, and I thought it was so well done. I'm looking forward to reading your "missing" stories from that series.

Boink

Administrator
Staff member
Since it happens to be the holiday season, I am going to take this rare opportunity to recreate the good ol' days, as best I can, and post the next three "found" Virtual Moonlighting episodes over three consecutive, upcoming Tuesdays, at 9:00 PM U.S. Eastern time:
  • 6.9 - Signs of Life - Tues, December 7
  • 6.10 - Signs of Life (Part II) - Tues, December 14
  • 6.13 - A Christmas Story - Tues, December 21
Hopefully, we can get a bit of a water-cooler situation going if enough of us read these stories and post our thoughts as close to these times as is convenient. I know our collective time zones vary wildly, though, and life is busy in general, so we'll just see how it goes. No pressure.

Sandra

It's truly great that you've found them and are reinstating them, Boink. Thank you to Dana, for providing the lost episodes.

UnderMoonlight

Hi, I’m Dana and I really want to emphasize that I wrote these as a teenager and in no way do they resemble my writing 25 years later. I hope you like them but truly, don’t judge too harshly, please.

Thanks Boink for pulling all this together! I’m so happy this fandom is still out here.
Hello Dana, and welcome! Im sure your writing has evolved massively over the years, but Im still super excited to read these episodes. 🤗🤗

sarahkeller

Your writing has always been stupid good. I can’t even read the episodes I wrote without major cringing 😬

Davidsmaddie

Your writing has always been stupid good. I can’t even read the episodes I wrote without major cringing 😬
Sarah!!! Omg that’s so sweet and yours is awesome!!! I’m so happy you guys are still here!!!

I know what you mean by re reading them. And I am pretty sure these are drafts so… I can’t bring myself to read them fully lol.

Last edited:

sarahkeller

Sarah!!! Omg that’s so sweet and yours is awesome!!! I’m so happy you guys are still here!!!

I know what you mean by re reading them. And I am pretty sure these are drafts so… I can’t bring myself to read them fully lol.
I couldn’t resist checking the site out when I got the email! My ML days were the best part of being a teenager 🤣