“I know EXACTLY What I’m Going To Say to Her”

Marlena

Well, I think he had a lot of mixed emotions going on at that moment. For one thing, I think he was angry at her for 1) leaving and for 2) feeling like she was keeping her pregnancy from him, and that he had to hear it from Bert.

I don't know... maybe he would throw pebbles at the window and say...

"How could you keep this from me? Why didn't you call me right away? Don't you think I would want to know?"

I'd love to think he'd say something more romantic, but in that moment I really think he was very upset with her for not telling him first.

FanofMoonlighting

Interesting question. I'm not sure, but I think he would either have been angry and want to know why she didn't tell him first (of course she tried to but he was with another woman at the time :( ). Or maybe he was going to get serious and actually propose. I wish he could have made it to Chicago.

Sandra

Well, I think he had a lot of mixed emotions going on at that moment. For one thing, I think he was angry at her for 1) leaving and for 2) feeling like she was keeping her pregnancy from him, and that he had to hear it from Bert.

I don't know... maybe he would throw pebbles at the window and say...

"How could you keep this from me? Why didn't you call me right away? Don't you think I would want to know?"

I'd love to think he'd say something more romantic, but in that moment I really think he was very upset with her for not telling him first.
I think this pretty much sums it up :)

Yeah I think he’s pretty angry at that moment. So, I think I would be more of a “WTF Maddie?” conversation and not “I love you so much one.”

I also think he is now under the impression she left BECAUSE she was pregnant. Like, she knew it and took off Chicago to deal with it without his input. I feel like that scared him, hurt him and pissed him off.

FanofMoonlighting

I was thinking, would David really have flown all the way to Chicago just to yell at Maddie? I'm sure he was hurt and angry but to go to all that trouble just to yell at her and upset her when she may be carrying his child seems kind of crazy. Maybe he was going to try to get her to come home with him instead. Although knowing them an argument probably would have happened anyway.

Marlena

I was thinking, would David really have flown all the way to Chicago just to yell at Maddie? I'm sure he was hurt and angry but to go to all that trouble just to yell at her and upset her when she may be carrying his child seems kind of crazy. Maybe he was going to try to get her to come home with him instead. Although knowing them an argument probably would have happened anyway.
I don't think he would've yelled at her at all when he got to Chicago. But, he was very upset with her at that moment in the airport. I think more than anything he just would've wanted to talk to her, really talk, and of course, try to convince her that they could work things out and also to come home with him. And yeah, I think there would've been some arguing, and it would get emotional, and then maybe there'd be some tears and hugs and kisses.

FanofMoonlighting

I don't think he would've yelled at her at all when he got to Chicago. But, he was very upset with her at that moment in the airport. I think more than anything he just would've wanted to talk to her, really talk, and of course, try to convince her that they could work things out and also to come home with him. And yeah, I think there would've been some arguing, and it would get emotional, and then maybe there'd be some tears and hugs and kisses.
That could have been a great scene! I remember watching the episode when he was trying to go to Chicago and thinking that he was finally going to see Maddie again and how exciting it would be. Of course I ended up disappointed. :( It could have been really good.

MoonlightingMagic

If you're talking about my story - he had the best intentions until he saw her with another man. And really when do they not yell at each other lol?

FanofMoonlighting

If you're talking about my story - he had the best intentions until he saw her with another man. And really when do they not yell at each other lol?
No, I posted that before I read your story. I liked your version a lot! Although I don't think David should have gotten quite so angry with Maddie since he had slept with someone else but didn't know for sure if Maddie had actually slept with the doctor. But I know they sometimes blew things out of proportion and at least it ended happy. :)

MoonlightingMagic

No, I posted that before I read your story. I liked your version a lot! Although I don't think David should have gotten quite so angry with Maddie since he had slept with someone else but didn't know for sure if Maddie had actually slept with the doctor. But I know they sometimes blew things out of proportion and at least it ended happy. :)
I think he was more angry that he believed she thought he wasn't good enough for her and she was looking for her NSM - I don't think he thought she slept with him. Thanks!